Impact

Animated Feature-2013

* No Pixar entry.  When was the last time that happened in a year where they had a movie?

* Frozen is the recent commercial favorite but Wind Rises is Miyazaki's last.  Sorry DM2 and Frozen.

Best animated feature film of the year

“The Croods” Chris Sanders, Kirk DeMicco and Kristine Belson

“Despicable Me 2” Chris Renaud, Pierre Coffin and Chris Meledandri

“Ernest & Celestine” Benjamin Renner and Didier Brunner

“Frozen” Chris Buck, Jennifer Lee and Peter Del Vecho

“The Wind Rises” Hayao Miyazaki and Toshio Suzuki

The Croods AND Despicable Me 2?

lmao, what a great year for the format this turned out to be.

Yeah, big shame what's happened to the studios since 2009-2010. At this point I could sympathize if the Academy wanted to get rid of the category entirely.

Edited by tribefan695

Do we all agree Wind Rises is a lock?  

I still have yet to see it.

No.  Critics liked Frozen better... GA liked Frozen better.  He pulled a Brett Favre and un-retired.

Quite honestly... when I read through reviews even many of the positive ones were wishy-washy... a lot of 'not his best work' and 'not up to his normal standards' type of review.

I don't normally let reviews sway me but I decided to wait until a DVD for this.

• Like 1

Hes not retiring!? YAY!

No.  Critics liked Frozen better... GA liked Frozen better.  He pulled a Brett Favre and un-retired.

Quite honestly... when I read through reviews even many of the positive ones were wishy-washy... a lot of 'not his best work' and 'not up to his normal standards' type of review.

I don't normally let reviews sway me but I decided to wait until a DVD for this.

Did he unretire??

Watch the Academy just give it to Pixar again and everyone lose their shit. :P

Hell if they could do it last year, it could happen this year. The only real difference is WIR wasn't the box office success of Frozen, but the Academy often doesn't care about what the biggest success was. They completely snubbed Tangled from the noms that year. They don't seem to like WDA much.

This post seems incredibly hilarious in hindsight.

• Like 1