baumer

BSG KITIK WINS!!

You don't think WWZ will make it? The buzz has been good lately.

Don't get me wrong I think it looks awesome but I just have that feeling that it will stall at around 70-80m. Slot 15 was always between epic and after earth for me, I don't know how I ended up with WWZ there. I think it was probably the boxoffice sites that influenced my decision since a lot of them are predicting around 130.Oh well.

Thanks for the answers laguy!

Regarding the Gatsby example above, I did not include it in my top 15, so would that be the equivalent of predicting $0?

So I'd lose 10,000 points for not including it in the top 15, and I'd also lose whatever the points equivalent of $150million is? (I guess 5,000 + 1,000 + 1,000 + 1,000 + 1,000 + 1,000)

So would I lose 10,000 + 10,000 for a total of 20,000?

Or would I just lose the initial 10,000 for not including it in the top 15?

You're welcome!

To answer your other questions: you wouldn't lose 10,000 points for Gatsby. You would lose the 10,000 points on the film that you called in the top 15 that took the place of Gatsby. For example, if you called 14 out of the 15 spots correctly, but had Tyler Perry Presents Peeples as one of your picks instead of Gatsby, you would lose 10,000 points in addition to the points you lose for how far off your prediction on Peeples was.

• Like 1

So I took a look at who people were voting for on the "5 lowest-grossing" question. Here are the numbers I have, though I'm sure I missed a few, so these numbers probably aren't exact:

The To-Do List - 39

The Purge - 38

Big Wedding - 27

We're The Millers - 25

Paranoia - 21

Peeples - 18

The Conjuring - 13

The Internship - 10

Now You See Me - 4

Kick-Ass 2 - 3

Planes - 3

Great Gatsby - 1

Pain and Gain - 1

RIPD - 1

This Is The End - 1

I just saw the trailer for We're The Millers. I thought it was pretty funny. I'm a little worried that I put it in my bottom 5.

• Like 1

I had FF6 at 89M for the weekend.About 10M off or so. :(

Had it at 95... Have Mos at 85. WHAT WAS I THINKING? 

And Star Trek at 100M... I'm such a hypocrite... I always said it would open around the first one... yet here I am, in the loser corner. FML.

Edited by ChD
  • Like 1

Had it at 95... Have Mos at 85. WHAT WAS I THINKING? And Star Trek at 100M... I'm such a hypocrite... I always said it would open around the first one... yet here I am, in the loser corner. FML.

I wouldn't be down on the MoS OW just yet. 85M+ is good.

Telemachos and ShawnMR this is going to be a very very close finish, I'm hoping they take Monday's gross to make sure it at least stays above 98.5m. Studios don't want headlines like Fast 6 estimates over-predicted. I'm very nervous, but for 100% sure we will get some points this weekend and have that nuisance of a question over with. Compared to the movies that are left to pick from I think we did the right choice.

• Like 1

Telemachos and ShawnMR this is going to be a very very close finish, I'm hoping they take Monday's gross to make sure it at least stays above 98.5m. Studios don't want headlines like Fast 6 estimates over-predicted. I'm very nervous, but for 100% sure we will get some points this weekend and have that nuisance of a question over with. Compared to the movies that are left to pick from I think we did the right choice.

You guys have 500k more leeway than me, but unless it completely collapses AOTC-style we're all getting points. As of right now, we'd all get the max. :)

Talking about pre-season game make me so depressed, I made a lot of poor choices for my Top 15  :mellow:

However, I think I did quite well with the international questions and the rest, so hopefully....

So far I think I'll likely end up within $20m on IM3 ($401m, but it the movie still has a chance to go beyond $421m) and FF6 ($235m), then I'm going to lose a ton of points for missing STID by over $100m and TH3 by over $40m, as well as not having TGG in my top 15. I might score some points on Epic if it makes it into the top 15 - I've got it at $138m. Overall, a mixed bag, but far from disastrous.