I don't think spidey will do as well as the avengersThe level of excitement and antipication just isn't thereIt will all of course depend of the quality of the movie in the end but there just isn't that fever level buildup that the avengers had

The quality?TF3 made 84.7m HK$ because of big name and 3D effects.

The quality?TF3 made 84.7m HK$ because of big name and 3D effects.

True, there's no accounting for taste in hk but I just have a feeling spidey won't do as well as the avengersThough I maybe eating my words come July

Avengers presales are 63% down from last Thursday. A huge drop IS coming.

Wouldn't presales usually drop much more than actual sales? It makes more sense to buy tickets in advance for film on it's first weekend, I remember Battleship also dropped over 80% in presales and then dropped just 55%.

Wouldn't presales usually drop much more than actual sales? It makes more sense to buy tickets in advance for film on it's first weekend, I remember Battleship also dropped over 80% in presales and then dropped just 55%.

Precisely :pcwhack:

For some reason BS had its admissions underreported. Assuming this isn't the case for TA, it should drop close to 60% this weekend.

TA beat TDK's total gross in 8 days

No, TA hasn't passed TDK's total. TA will pass it in 9 days.

Labour Day admissions

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pretty good hold for The Avengers. Lockout and Cabin in the Woods totals are estimates.

Dark Shadows and The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel will get special screenings this weekend.

It's amazing how such tiny markets can have such huge grosses. Hong Kong's population is basically a large city in America.

It would be a large city anywhere. It's population is actually about as big as NSW (our biggest state). What blows my mind though is that Tokyo has more people than Australia.

I remember you telling me no way this drops below 50% so does it have great WOM. Bluebomb

Yes, it's having great WOM. I'm very surprised that this will drop below 50% because it did have a Saturday holiday its opening weekend which is why I gave the 55-65% range. I didn't think that even with the great WOM it could even come close to dropping 50%.

Yes, it's having great WOM. I'm very surprised that this will drop below 50% because it did have a Saturday holiday its opening weekend which is why I gave the 55-65% range. I didn't think that even with the great WOM it could even come close to dropping 50%.

So, $12m is possible now?