A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

13 minutes ago, kowhite said:

So, it's been awhile...are bootleg videos allowed yet or what?

Considering I had a bootleg gif of CW in the weekend thread removed (though when Disney has released said footage in a commercial, is it really bootleg at that point?), no :lol: 

y0x2ievy_bigger.jpgy0x2ievy_bigger.jpg

Something amusing is happening on twitter. 

As some background, there has been a certain impatience for a trailer:  https://twitter.com/search?q=passengers trailer&src=typd

So some one, or some people, have come up with a couple of fairly profane 'Passengers trailer' sites:

Loving this - fans creatively venting their frustrations over the long wait. w/ GHOSTBUSTERS maybe?

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23passengersmovie&src=typd

I am being held captive against my will. Location: some computer in Sony Pictures headquarters

OK, it's mildly amusing, but nothing else has come out.  Sony is presenting their slate at CineEurope tomorrow, though, so there may at least be some reactions.

12 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Holy fuck someone actually got through to Rothman 

(cropped out his contact details but check that girl's Twitter, completely legit, she even called up Sony :o)

LOL there was tons of twitter chatter yesterday about people calling Sony to ask about the trailer. Didn't think it'll amount to much so this is pretty great.

I do hope "not too much longer" means Ghostbusters. Could easily be later than that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

LOL there was tons of twitter chatter yesterday about people calling Sony to ask about the trailer. Didn't think it'll amount to much so this is pretty great.

I do hope "not too much longer" means Ghostbusters. Could easily be later than that.

It's that same fan who called Sony. yeah it can't be any later than GB to be honest.

• Like 1

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/digital-domain-mova-tech-banned-906902

What a mess, hoping it s not too serious and they can find a solution.

The Passengers' mention is deep into the article, Jlaw was mo caped by the technology mentioned in the article which is having some serious legal trouble.

Oh wow, so when he said the delay was because they were waiting on special effects, he was probably venting some of his behind-the-scenes frustration.

I wonder what they'd do in a case like this, where they have a 90-95% complete movie, but legal delays are preventing one or two specific scenes from being completed.

Do you edit the movie to remove those scenes (thus making it potentially a substandard creation and leading to less money than hoped for) or do you just sit there for a year or two waiting for a legal resolution? And hope the movie comes out as originally intended while the leads are still hugely popular?

Can they appeal to make an exception, considering their movie is virtually finished?

Such a crappy thing to happen. I don't want them to cut anything due to legal issues, but I can't see them delaying the movie if that's the only choice they have.

• Like 1