A Marvel Fanboy

Weekend Numbers: Oblvi: 38.1 42: 18 mill (starting pg 10)

I find more interesting how casting system makes no sense. How do you go from Oscar nominee to Starz soft-core TV star. Same with Floppit. How do you go from Oscar nominee Ronan in her teens to wrinkled 30something who pimps dandruff shampoos for living? Doesn`t compute.

I think Chastain dropped out somewhat late in the game and all the top actresses are usually booked far ahead. Most likely a scheduling issue and they needed a really attractive lead who was available (I know you don't like her but she was a bond girl and many think she is very good looking). So it kind of makes sense but of course there are much better actresses who are equal to or better looking then her, I just doubt they were available. 

What bombs do you speak of?

Apparition, Bullet to the Head, Jack, Gangster Squad, Cloud Atlas, Burt Wonderstone, Beautiful Creatures. 42 is their first success since Hobbit. 42, Hobbit, and Argo are the successes since August.

Age difference between Cruise and Kurylenko: 17 years

Age difference between Cruise and Riseborough: 19 years

Age difference between Cruise and Melissa Leo: 2 years

Now guess which one he doesn't fuck in the movie. :lol:

• Like 6

Age difference between Cruise and Kurylenko: 17 years

Age difference between Cruise and Riseborough: 19 years

Age difference between Cruise and Melissa Leo: 2 years

Now guess which one he doesn't fuck in the movie. :lol:

Age difference between Cruise and Holmes - 18 years. Hey, what can we say? The guy's a cougar.

Edited by jandrew

Apparition, Bullet to the Head, Jack, Gangster Squad, Cloud Atlas, Burt Wonderstone, Beautiful Creatures. 42 is their first success since Hobbit. 42, Hobbit, and Argo are the successes since August.

WB only paid $20m for distribution on CLOUD ATLAS.

The Incredible Burt Wonderstone cost 30 millionIt's grossed 22, not a bombJack the Giant Slayer cost 200 millGross is 190 mill, not a bomb, not a success, but not a bombBeautiful Creatures: 60 mill budget, grossed 60 millBullet to the Head: budget is reported to be about 50 mill, gross is about 20 WWA failure, but not a disasterGangster Squad: Grossed 100 mill off a 60 mill budget, broke evenFloppit: About 300 mill to make, grossed a billion, that makes up for all of the other mishaps so farThen you have Argo which helps as well.

I am really surprised by your opinion. Hobbit is obviously far from a flop (and arguably a success) and Gangster Squad was not a bomb but I don't see how all the others weren't. I thought those all bombed by definition. I think that Jack is the only disaster since well over $100m was lost. Isn't BTTH a classic example of a flop, same with TLS?

Does Leo at least chew the scenery like she did in Olympus Has Fallen? "I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG!" (That's the only scene that really stuck with me).

Well, she speaks with the broadest fucking southern drawl I've ever heard. All her sentences end with "ya'll"

I am really surprised by your opinion. Hobbit is obviously far from a flop (and arguably a success) and Gangster Squad was not a bomb but I don't see how all the others weren't. I thought those all bombed by definition. I think that Jack is the only disaster since well over $100m was lost. Isn't BTTH a classic example of a flop, same with TLS?

That to me is the biggest problem with this forum.  Everything that doesn't do crazy amounts of money(even some that do!) are deemed BOMBS!

Cutthroat Island is a fucking bomb.  That movie bankrupted a studio.

That is a bomb.

Whoever thought of that clearly did not have a functioning penis. And he probably didn't even have a sky pool.

Well...

Andrea Riseborough and I would make for an effective team. Just saying.

• Like 3

That to me is the biggest problem with this forum.  Everything that doesn't do crazy amounts of money(even some that do!) are deemed BOMBS!

Cutthroat Island is a fucking bomb.  That movie bankrupted a studio.

That is a bomb.

I agree that the word bomb is thrown around way to lightly but is it hyperbole to call Jack a bomb? or The Last Stand? I think that is a fair assessment. Cutthroat island was both a bomb and a huge disaster for the reason you mentioned. Calling Wrath of the Titans, for example, a bomb is definitely unreasonable. A disappointment is a better label for films like that. Robin Hood with Russell Crowe was a dissapointment as well, but far from a bomb in my opinion. Jack and the Giant Slayer is a huge bomb. I think that is pretty fair to say. 

Edit: And Yes I agree with your first statement. You won't see me responding to people who are calling The Hobbit a bomb because that is just plain unreasonable. It usually inarticulate as well since most people are using bomb synonymous with the word disappointment. 

Edited by Clavius