Impact

Amityville: The Awakening | Free on Google Play on October 12, in select theaters October 28

39 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

You just said that AMITYVILLE: AWAKENING is better than IT COMES AT NIGHT? :rip:

Yeah. To each their own I like horror movies where scary things happen.

Or anything happens.

Or there's a story.

Depends how strict you are with the definition of "franchise." Technically the real-life Lutz family had the sequel rights to the original movie so there's never actually been an official sequel at all. Since it's an allegedly true story and a real place anyone can make an "Amityville" movie as long as they don't infringe on prior copyrighted works.

19 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Depends how strict you are with the definition of "franchise." Technically the real-life Lutz family had the sequel rights to the original movie so there's never actually been an official sequel at all. Since it's an allegedly true story and a real place anyone can make an "Amityville" movie as long as they don't infringe on prior copyrighted works.

They’re all part of the same property, that’s what makes a franchise to me. And Jay Anson admitted that the whole story was false.

7 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

What a supremely mediocre movie and Bella Thorne continues to get roles in movies despite not being able to act well at all and having virtually no screen presence. 

I find it hilarious that Amityville, The Babysitter, and Keep Watching are all practically streaming or VOD titles. Should have done Boo 2. At least she would have had one hit this Halloween. 

Edited by Rman823

34 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

I find it hilarious that Amityville, The Babysitter, and Keep Watching are all practically streaming or VOD titles. Should have done Boo 2. At least she would have had one hit this Halloween. 

Maybe she wasn't offered a role a Boo 2.

15 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

Cabin in the Woods is hella overrated. Need to rewatch Drag Me to Hell.

Cabin in the Woods  starts out very well with a very good core concept but fell apart for me by the end

Drag Me To Hill -  suffice to say, my tabby died the week before and then we got to a certain scene and I tuned it off.  Hell's too good for some people.

Edited by TalismanRing

9 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

They’re all part of the same property, that’s what makes a franchise to me. And Jay Anson admitted that the whole story was false.

He did no such thing; he only admitted he embellished certain aspects to make the book a better read.

I don't really believe in this sort of thing but it's technically never been proven/admitted a hoax. The only person to "confess" it was all made up was Ronnie DeFeo's lawyer, and that was during a lawsuit to get revenue from the book. He claimed he made it up with the Lutzes over "many bottles of wine," yet he's also the one who mandated in his contract with them that they take and pass a polygraph test (which they did).