#ED

Weekend Estimates - (Pain & Gain: 20M, The Big Wedding: 7.5M)

There's one criticism of Pain and Gain that rather annoys me: That it makes you sympathize with the killers. Like hell it does. I couldn't wait for them to get what was coming to them by the end.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

There's one criticism of Pain and Gain that rather annoys me: That it makes you sympathize with the killers. Like hell it does. I couldn't wait for them to get what was coming to them by the end.

Yeah, I don't get that criticism either. It most definitely makes you both laugh at how inept they are and realize just how crazy they and their plan are.

Yeah, I don't get that criticism either. It most definitely makes you both laugh at how inept they are and realize just how crazy they and their plan are.

I think the main criticism is not that you sympathize with them but rather how the film takes very serious crimes (murder, kidnapping) and plays them up for comedic value. Which makes sense. I still enjoyed the movie, though.

I think the main criticism is not that you sympathize with them but rather how the film takes very serious crimes (murder, kidnapping) and plays them up for comedic value. Which makes sense. I still enjoyed the movie, though.

It basically invites you to laugh at how dumb the perpetrators are. It doesn't really laugh at the victims expense too much aside from Shalhoub who is himself a criminal and he actually lives.

I was kind of feeling bad for Kershaw by the end, actually. The film only briefly touches on why everyone hates him and much of the rest of his screentime is about all this bad stuff happening to him and no one buying it until Ed Harris comes along.

Edited by tribefan695

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/michael-bays-pain-gain-750k-late-night/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

FRIDAY 6 PM, 2ND UPDATE: Uh-oh, everything is heading lower. Pain & Gain (2,950 theaters) is still #1 today and this weekend. My sources say that based on matinee trends it should open with $8 million today – including $750K in Thursday evening/Friday midnights – and a projected $21M weekend.

#2 is Tom Cruise’s Oblivion which was in the top spot last week and has a gifrom Universal with $5.3M Friday and an expected $17M this weekend.

#3 is Legendary Pictures’ Frankie Robinson biopic 42 with $4M Friday and $13M weekend.

#4 is Millenium/Lionsgate’s alleged romcom The Big Wedding (2,633 theaters) opening today with $3M Friday and $9M weekend. Reviews were Awful

#5 is DreamWorks Animation’s The Croods toon from Fox with $2M Friday and $7M weekend.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/michael-bays-pain-gain-750k-late-night/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

FRIDAY 6 PM, 2ND UPDATE: Uh-oh, everything is heading lower. Pain & Gain (2,950 theaters) is still #1 today and this weekend. My sources say that based on matinee trends it should open with $8 million today – including $750K in Thursday evening/Friday midnights – and a projected $21M weekend.

#2 is Tom Cruise’s Oblivion which was in the top spot last week and has a gifrom Universal with $5.3M Friday and an expected $17M this weekend.

#3 is Legendary Pictures’ Frankie Robinson biopic 42 with $4M Friday and $13M weekend.

#4 is Millenium/Lionsgate’s alleged romcom The Big Wedding (2,633 theaters) opening today with $3M Friday and $9M weekend. Reviews were Awful

#5 is DreamWorks Animation’s The Croods toon from Fox with $2M Friday and $7M weekend.

Oof. Big fall.