Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

If you guys look at OW # of tickets sold, this will be incredibe if it beats the original Spiderman which adjusts to $157m (7th place all time adjusted)

Yeah, but this has 3D remember.  It needs WAY more to beat Spider-Man in terms of tickets sold.

I don't have any hard numbers obviously but based on a cursory glance its matinees appear to be performing below The Avengers and The Hunger Games at this point on the east coast. I'm not seeing a lot of sellouts as was the case with TA. It is still very , very early though.

Edited by TLK

• Founder / Operator

I doubt opening day goes down till 2015.

Would be appropriate if Star Wars is the first to a $100m day. It was also the first to a $50m day and that opened the floodgates in the years to come.

With great early reviews and pre-release buzz, I think this happens.

Get that July release for Star Wars and I think we can see the first film to make more from midnights (or previews blah blah) than during the rest of the day.

I'm currently thinking $36m for Catching Fire and I don't think there will be much improvement over that from the franchise unless they do go 3D.

• Like 1

If this opens less than 160M, this thread will collapse.

This forum is so stuck up, it will be a failure to most.

No way is under 160M a failure. Not with the Avengers boost OS. 

• Like 1

Would be appropriate if Star Wars is the first to a $100m day. It was also the first to a $50m day and that opened the floodgates in the years to come.

SW7 could break the opening day, but I was actually thinking TA 2 breaking the opening day record as well.

Considering TA got an 81 million, I dont think its a crazy idea.

Not 100 million but 91 million.

Edited by Lordmandeep

That was a Thursday, too!

• Like 4

• Founder / Operator

SW7 could break the opening day, but I was actually thinking TA 2 breaking the opening day record as well.

Considering TA got an 81 million, I dont think its a crazy idea.

Not 100 million but 91 million.

We could see that record go down twice in one summer. Reminiscent of 1989 with Batman > Ghostbusters 2 > Last Crusade.

:o

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 1