Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

Who said this movie is getting mixed WOM? Better post a link to that shit! Dexter, stop speaking out of your ass. You're embarrassing yourself.

I called Avengers and TDKR las year I bow down to be before you see my dark passenger.

Imagine official estimates come in at 70m. I'm still holding out hope, I just can't see how this could do below 60m with 15.6m from Thursday previews alone.

According to the earlier report that it was running 20% behind TA's matinees, it would need 92% of TA's night business to hit $70m for the day. I drove by the theater earlier and it doesn't look to me like it's doing the booming business that TA was last year. Theater was a madhouse last year at the same time of day.

@BoxOffice:  "Sources tell BoxOffice that it's looking like $65M-$67M on Friday for IRON MAN 3. $165M weekend is likely. #IronMan3"

@giteshpandya: "Sources put #IronMan3 in the $58-64M range for FRI incl THU night. $150-160M opening wknd possible."

So which one do you guys put more stock on?

I`m so depressed. The only thing that keeps me going is knowning that CF wins the year with ease now.

Yeah, same here. CF is my salvation. 

Lets be honest... Anyone who gets emotional damage from a movie's box office results should probably reevaluate where they are at in their lives.

Just to be clear. I am being ironic here :lol:

I have not seen the movie but Baumer is one member who tends to be close with GA line of thinking.

I didn't hate it, I gave it a 7 out of 10.  

@BoxOffice:  "Sources tell BoxOffice that it's looking like $65M-$67M on Friday for IRON MAN 3. $165M weekend is likely. #IronMan3"

@giteshpandya: "Sources put #IronMan3 in the $58-64M range for FRI incl THU night. $150-160M opening wknd possible."

Backlash and bad wom have already set in.

Run for your lives.

@BoxOffice: "Sources tell BoxOffice that it's looking like $65M-$67M on Friday for IRON MAN 3. $165M weekend is likely. #IronMan3"

@giteshpandya: "Sources put #IronMan3 in the $58-64M range for FRI incl THU night. $150-160M opening wknd possible."

Gitesh has always been very accurate, when in doubt go lower.

Gitesh was the later one. BO.com went from saying 66-68 to saying 65-67. That's a little bit concerning. Normally the number keeps going up as we get new reports. But based on the raw data we had from the preview numbers compared to Avengers and the fact it was running 20% behind Avengers' matinees, I'm still hoping it can get up there to the 65+ area.

Your fanboyism blinds you.As an Elephant Man fanboy all I have to say is Elephant Man is way better than Iron Man 3.

See previous post. You have no clue what you're talking about. Pull your head out.

Lets be honest... Anyone who gets emotional damage from a movie's box office results should probably reevaluate where they are at in their lives.

I`m emotionally scarred for life thanks to this turn of events. Boxoffice is my life. That`s why I hang out on BOF with other people who live for boxoffice. The psychological trauma inflicted on me in this past 20 minutes or so will never heal.

When are we going to be allowed to star What Went Wrong? I need to rationalize this catastrophy.

• Like 1