Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

I must have been asleep by then. When I went to sleep he was still estimating around 70m. Nikki even revised her page after he posted. I believe that's what happened. I'm really too tired to look through the archives right now to make sure.

Yeah, this time he was saying 65+ for awhile and then she updated to 65-70. Then he came in and confirmed that it looked like it will finish right around 70. He said he knew a bunch of us wanted 75 but he didn't think it would happen this time. So pretty much the same thing happened as last time, just on a bit smaller scale because well...it's Iron Man instead of the Avengers. lol

I must have been asleep by then. When I went to sleep he was still estimating around 70m. Nikki even revised her page after he posted. I believe that's what happened. I'm really too tired to look through the archives right now to make sure.

post #2130 on page 107, he posted at 3:09am eastern, 12:09am pacific

The big news from Nikke's posting was that IM3 got an A cinemascore.

Yeah, this time he was saying 65+ for awhile and then she updated to 65-70. Then he came in and confirmed that it looked like it will finish right around 70. He said he knew a bunch of us wanted 75 but he didn't think it would happen this time. So pretty much the same thing happened as last time, just on a bit smaller scale because well...it's Iron Man instead of the Avengers. lol

It's Iron Man with 'Dat Avengers Effect'. :P
  • Like 1

Cause it's such a small range...$70.5-71m is already basically $70m when you're talking about a non official number.

Yeah but there could be many half-mil ranges possible, I was pinpointing one.

Gotcha.

post #2130 on page 107, he posted at 3:09am eastern, 12:09am pacific

The big news from Nikke's posting was that IM3 got an A cinemascore.

gotcha. I saw the cinemascore though. With all the hoopla about the twist. I thought it would definitely be lower. Seems like the ones who hated it aren't as many as it seems.

gotcha. I saw the cinemascore though. With all the hoopla about the twist. I thought it would definitely be lower. Seems like the ones who hated it aren't as many as it seems.

I'll wait for the second weekend first.

• Like 1

Just the nutjob Mandarin fans. And how many of them are there? This isn't the Joker we're talking about (ie a villain character that is darn near as famous and popular as the title character).

• Like 1

Just the nutjob Mandarin fans. And how many of them are there? This isn't the Joker we're talking about (ie a villain character that is darn near as famous and popular as the title character).

Seriously. The Mandarin was always a racist caricature in the comics which even Marvel admits.

So glad to see Shane Black and Drew Pearce subvert that lame dated old relic and make him something fun and fascinating.

• Like 1

I'll wait for the second weekend first.

I'm just saying. If it was that hated by fanboys who usually go on the first weekend, the cinemascore would reflect that. correct?

I'm just saying. If it was that hated by fanboys who usually go on the first weekend, the cinemascore would reflect that. correct?

Hard to tell, didn't IM2 get an A, and that's def not that liked by comic fans, etc. Also, is it known what the sample size is that they use to determine scores? Is it 100 people, 500, 1,000? I'd love to know Edited by FTF

Hard to tell, didn't IM2 get an A, and that's def not that liked by comic fans, etc. Also, is it known what the sample size is that they use to determine scores? Is it 100 people, 500, 1,000? I'd love to know

Someone posted it earlier. IM2 got an A-.

I don't know about the sample size. Movie seems to be a big hit with the ladies. Maybe they asked more ladies than fellas, lol. I have no clue.

Edited by ECSTASY

TASM2 is looking like the most exciting release next year to me, and I feel that all the reports about the filming shows how much people do care about Spidey. I feel that TASM2 has everything to become Spidey's Dark Knight, and the first Spider-Man film to break $1B.

Posted Image

• Like 7