Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

loved the humor in this one. I give it major props for that. I think I got more of the jokes than my crowd did, so it felt a little awkward. :lol:

Favorite moment:

"Seriously, I don't even wanna work for them. They are so weird!"

:rofl:

That second line was by far my favorite part of the movie. I was rolling.  The humor in this was excellent- too excellent, to the detriment of the movie, IMO.

But I think that is fine for the humour, I'm just saying it's not consistently laugh out loud funny like some have raved it is.  

Yeah I probably disagree with that too. But it is really funny, and consistently engaging

(Unlike the dumpster fire that is Iron Man 2 :lol: )

I thought that was common knowledge?  :thinking:

No, we said he did...he has never confirmed or denied....he just shows up, gives numbers and whisks back to Aasgaard.

I have a question though:

For those of you saying that The Avengers is mostly responsible for this, what about Transformers 3?  That came off an apparently hated second film and yet it killed it overseas.  Why?  Because of 3D of course.  Is it not possible that the same is happening to IM3, because of 3D?

• Like 4

Since I'm no way in hell reading 150+ pages, especially for a superhero movie, will anyone summarize for me just how much IM3 flopped? I'm saying FLOPPED, cause this Friday number is obviously not getting it over 150m OW.

Thanks.

Legendhiri has spoken

Posted Image

• Like 1

I just went to the theatre I go to to buy a ticket for tomorrow and 2 shows, 3:45PM and 4:30PM are already sold out..

IMAX, 3D or 2D?

• Founder / Operator

No, we said he did...he has never confirmed or denied....he just shows up, gives numbers and whisks back to Aasgaard.

I swear I've seen it mentioned sometime over the past year. But yeah, he does.

• Founder / Operator

For those of you saying that The Avengers is mostly responsible for this, what about Transformers 3?  That came off an apparently hated second film and yet it killed it overseas.  Why?  Because of 3D of course.  Is it not possible that the same is happening to IM3, because of 3D?

This post needs more likes. I do not want to downplay the likelihood of Avengers adding some interest to this movie, but 3D is a bigger draw overseas than domestic. Moreover, it's also a huge influence on international ticket prices (because of it's stronger popularity in some countries).

I think it's combination of Avengers and 3D.

• Like 2

Posted Image
  • Like 1

Transformers 3 didn't increase from 2 in every territory, it just went nuts in Asia and S. America

IM3 is crushing IM2 EVERYWHERE, including places like the UK, Australia, etc, where TF2->TF3 stayed relatively flat

Edited by Chewy
  • Like 2