Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

Gotcha. Sorry, didn't mean to offend or anything bud. ;)

Not at all.  You couldn't offend me at all Shawn.  :)

• Like 1

The Summer of bad RT ratings?MoS with Snyder is fucked. I see a 80% max lol.If MoS RT rating is 90%, it's obviously Nolan's fault.

• Like 1

China $40.0MKorea $31.8MUK $30.2MMexico $29.5MFrance $24.8MAustralia $23.8MBrazil $22.9MItaly $15.4MTaiwan $12.6MRussia $12.5MJapan $12.3MPhilippines $10.9MIndia $9.2MMalaysia $9.0MHong Kong $8.9MIndonesia $8.7MSpain $7.7MOther $78.1M

Overseas Total $388.3M

Baumer, in Asia it's blowing away TA clearly it's not 3D as TA had it as well. In France and Germany, establish markets who hate SH movies it's going to make same as TA. All I see is Great WOM from TA helping IM3. If you want to disagree fine by me but facts back me up more than you. 

http://www.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2013-05-03-domestic-iron-man-3-posts-healthy-eveningmidnight-show-haul

I didn't make a statement, I asked a question.  :)

• Like 2

Well... I will tell you why: because you didn't bet a FRIGGING LOT OF MONEY - LIKE I DID!! - ON THIS MOVIE BEING A SUCCESS!!

So now that the movie has failed, you lose nothing, you cunning opportunist!, and you can just pretend NOTHING has happened???

I just went through a wormhole.

• Like 3

The Summer of bad RT ratings?MoS with Snyder is fucked. I see a 80% max lol.If MoS RT rating is 90%, it's obviously Nolan's fault.

I think even if MoS gets the same score as SR, if it's not a cure for insomnia like SR was, it should be safe.

78% is bad..seriously? TDK and Avengers have warped reality for fanboys

• Like 4

• Founder / Operator

MoS could end up being as "good" as Begins (as far as audiences are concerned) and critics would probably still hate on it because of Snyder.

Edited by ShawnMR

I think even if MoS gets the same score as SR, if it's not a cure for insomnia like SR was, it should be safe.

What we all forget is that SR got decent reviews. But check out the audience rating right next to it: 67%. Man of Steel could easily get the same critics' score, but actually live up to its promise as a summer action movie.

• Like 1

I didn't make a statement, I asked a question.   :)

My bad. Clearly 3D is helping as it gives higher prices but overall TA affect is definitely more responsible for the massive jump from IM2 to IM3, 311.5M to 800M OS.  :D

• Like 1

MoS could end up being as "good" as Begins (as far as audiences are concerned) and critics would probably still hate on it because of Snyder.

I'll be happy if it's not the cure for insomnia that Returns was.

Anyway, if Trek doesn't completely score with auds, Iron Man should be a wee bit safer.

And Fast 6 is our only hope left this month to stay level with its predecessor.

China $40.0MKorea $31.8MUK $30.2MMexico $29.5MFrance $24.8MAustralia $23.8MBrazil $22.9MItaly $15.4MTaiwan $12.6MRussia $12.5MJapan $12.3MPhilippines $10.9MIndia $9.2MMalaysia $9.0MHong Kong $8.9MIndonesia $8.7MSpain $7.7MOther $78.1M

Overseas Total $388.3M

Baumer, in Asia it's blowing away TA clearly it's not 3D as TA had it as well. In France and Germany, establish markets who hate SH movies it's going to make same as TA. All I see is Great WOM from TA helping IM3. If you want to disagree fine by me but facts back me up more than you. 

http://www.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2013-05-03-domestic-iron-man-3-posts-healthy-eveningmidnight-show-haul

China is a market beast for IM3...it may equal  or even pass TA's $92 millions by next weekend...within 10 days ! :lol: 

Edited by Ent

I don't think critics dislike Snyder or anything..its just that his films thus far haven't been that great. 300 was fun but hollow, Watchmen, while faithful to the comic was not adapted to suit the everyday moviegoer, Sucker Punch was fail and Dawn of the dead was decent. He just doesnt have a good filmography. 

True.

I don't think critics dislike Snyder or anything..its just that his films thus far haven't been that great. 300 was fun but hollow, Watchmen, while faithful to the comic was not adapted to suit the everyday moviegoer, Sucker Punch was fail and Dawn of the dead was decent. He just doesnt have a good filmography. 

I'll venture there'll be complaints that the dark tone doesn't fit Superman.