Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

Damn! What were the (12?) movies they showed?

We saw:

-2001 (all time classic)

-Time Of The Robots (Somebody strung together footage from a bunch of old serials to try to make a funny movie. It didn't work.)

-Safety Not Guaranteed

-Inception

-La Nave de los Monstrous (with no english subtitles!!!!!)

-Vanishing Waves (A really cool brand new Lithuanian film. We really enjoyed it, but be warned, it's got a lot of nudity in it.)

-Dr Cyclops (1940)

-Upside Down (I've been wanting to see this for the past year)

-Space Milkshake (brand new comedy with Kristin Kreuk, Amanda Tapping, Billy Boyd, and a bit of George Takei. A few laughs.)

-The Monolith Monsters (1957)

-Dr Strangelove (another classic)

Plus we mixed in some episodes of some crazy ass tv show called Danger 5.

Why are you still watching it??

Who knows, maybe it gets better, right? I usually don't quit on movies halfway even if it's dogshit. That's a bitch move. The only one I couldn't handle was Fantastic Four 2.

• Like 1

Exactly. Brilliant screenwriting.

It's funny. When that movie opened, there was a small percentage of people that burst out laughing at that line in the theater. But for the folks who didn't get it, the line still seems perfectly in character and normal.

Got back from IM3 and hour ago, honestly I didn't like it that much. There were many plot elements left unanswered, like...

If the Mandarin had won, what would he do? He never really had a motive, except Tony Stark didn't come to the rooftop with him on New Year's Eve '99.

• Like 1

Got back from IM3 and hour ago, honestly I didn't like it that much. There were many plot elements left unanswered, like...

If the Mandarin had won, what would he do? He never really had a motive, except Tony Stark didn't come to the rooftop with him on New Year's Eve '99.

His words were "to control both the supply and demand for the super-solders he created". He was a businessman [and wanted to make a great profit from 'his' invention. Money and power, two of the oldest motives known to mankind.

• Like 2

His words were "to control both the supply and demand for the super-solders he created". He was a businessman [and wanted to make a great profit from 'his' invention. Money and power, two of the oldest motives known to mankind.

So.. That Sunday drop...A bit steeper than we were expecting?

Several pages ago it was mentioned that Spider-man (2002) also had its first Sunday on Cinco de mayo day (May 5th) and also had a pretty steep drop - 27%, and that movie is know for an amazing WOM and multiplier, so maybe Disney is taking into account that. Since today is also Cinco de mayo in the US.

• Like 1