Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

Baumer why do you have this decreasing on Saturday? Does your Friday number include previews?

That 60 mill Friday includes previews I assume, it always has.

Right now I'm watching the shittest movie version of Hamlet there is. I don't know why. It's 1am and I should probably sleep or something. But I'm gonna have a shitload of this thread to read when I wake up.

Which version is that?

Right now I'm watching the shittest movie version of Hamlet there is. I don't know why. It's 1am and I should probably sleep or something. But I'm gonna have a shitload of this thread to read when I wake up.

Anyone ever see Hamlet 2 with Steve Coogan? Hilarious
  • Like 2

Remember when New Moon was first reported by Nikki?  She had it at 80 mill for the Friday.  The forums at Mojo exploded.  72 mill was a disappointment after the initial reports.   :rofl:

Edited by baumer
  • Like 2

Remember when New Moon was first reported by Nikki?  She had it at 80 mill for the Friday.  The forums at Mojo exploded.  72 mill was a disappointment after the initial reports.   :rofl:

I remember someone said 80m. That was probably the craziest thread of all time. It was growing at the rate of a few pages per minute at one point.

Edited by baumer

I recall some certainly being very displeased when they thought it could beat TDK for the weekend record. Some people were saying as high as 80 for the od numbers.

Edited by baumer

I remember someone said 80m. That was probably the craziest thread of all time. It was growing at the rate of a few pages per minute at one point.

Sorry, that was a typo, I meant 80.

Remember when New Moon was first reported by Nikki?  She had it at 70 mill for the Friday.  The forums at Mojo exploded.  72 mill was a disappointment after the initial reports.   :rofl:

I will never forget the week before New Moon released and I made a huge joke post that it was going to have an $83m OD...one week later, and Nikki estimates that it's heading to an $80m OD.

Man, that was scary for me. 

• Like 2

I will never forget the week before New Moon released and I made a huge joke post that it was going to have an $83m OD...one week later, and Nikki estimates that it's heading to an $80m OD.

Man, that was scary for me. 

I think my most memorable time at Mojo post 2004 was the NM stuff.  I wasn't even a Twilight fan before NM came out.  Then I read the books that summer and started following the absolute lunacy that Twilight had.  Predicting the 100 mill OW for NM was one of the best calls I ever made probably ever in my life and the ribbing I took in that thread in the months leading up to NM and then the crow I got to serve after was one of my fondest memories of posting on movie forums.  So much fun.

• Like 1

Iron Man 3's probably heading to a 160m+ weekend. Back in 2010/2011, this would have been shocking. But now, it's quite expected. Still an amazing opening, but it won't get the reaction NM or DH2 got when they opened.

• Like 1

I dunno, I feel like the shock factor's kinda...gone now.

I don't care what anyone says...but nothing can come close to topping DH2 for me. That was the best experience for me. No movie has came even close (with the exception of THG and TDKR). But still pretty below DH2. 

The icing on the cake was stuffing all the people who supported Transformers with shit. 

• Like 2