Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

True true. I skimmed TA weekend thread from last year, and I have to say I'm very impressed with this place  :lol:

This place is like catnip for felines.

• Like 1

I don't see any problem with being in the extreme either way.  We're not betting here, so there's no actual loss, and its not that hard to eat your crow if you're way off in either direction.

Or French-kiss your dog and post is on Youtube as a proof. :)

• Like 2

I predicted 156M, which I thought was a very sensible number.

Admittedly, I wanted to be wrong in that I wanted it to have done better.  So when people were predicting 170M+, I was thinking to myself "You're being absolutely ridiculous with that number and you'll be sorely disappointed ... but still, I kinda hope you're right."

• Like 2

I disagree...going bullish is fine...just be decent enough to eat your crow if and when u are wrong.  

Completely agree. Bullish predictions bring out the best of both sides and that is how you get epic threads. TA thread last year was pure awesome with Rth's legend grew like none before.  :D  :D  :D

• Like 2

Or French-kiss your dog and post is on Youtube as a proof. :)

:rofl:  :rofl:

Youre killing me tonight.

• Like 1

Meltdowns here are a lot more fun than SHH, huh?

Meltdowns on SHH are terrible, unreadable trainwrecks. Meltdowns here are amazing

• Like 3

Another valuable lesson on why not to over predict movies. $150M is still a great number, but its way down from the $170-180M predictions around here.Rule 1 of box office: Never go bullish unless you really do have balls of steel.

Overpredicting is what makes this forum tick.

• Like 3

Real talk: Almost every sellout I've counted is either IMAX or 2D.  There's like no 3D sellouts at all.

With this many showtimes, it's pretty easy to avoid 3D if you want to. One of the drawbacks of playing the sucker every half hour.