Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

Cinderella will end up doing little more than half of what Maleficent and Alice did (in rubles). Underwhelming.

It's not action packed enough, so nobrainers won't see the film.

Edited by pepsa

With the way things are going, what can we expect from TA2 a month from now? The first one made 17.9M on OW. I'm guessing there's no way TA2 comes close to that.

SH movies are clearly more popular in Russia, but this exchange rate and the bad economy can't be beaten, so $13m OW is the best I can imagine for TA2, and in Rubles that would probably be the best OW ever.

With the way things are going, what can we expect from TA2 a month from now? The first one made 17.9M on OW. I'm guessing there's no way TA2 comes close to that.

Well, IM3 opened to 723m rubles which is 26m away from the OW record and would be about $11.5m with current exchange rate. So if TA2 beats the OW record with say 800m rubles that would mean $12.5-13m. 

• Like 1

Most of the people are sure that The Avengers 2 will pass 2 billion RUB or at least come very close to it. 

That would be around  $33-34 mln with current exchange rates. 

Damn, with The Avengers exchange rates in 2012 that would mean around $60m :o

TA1 grossed $43m so even 2B rubles would be way lower in dollars :(

Damn, with The Avengers exchange rates in 2012 that would mean around $60m :o

TA1 grossed $43m so even 2B rubles would be way lower in dollars :(

One good news is, ruble has continued to gain on dollar and hopefully, continues until TA2 opens in Russia. 

Edited by druv10
  • Like 2

Really??? The best is Pirates of the Carribiean 4 right?

Yes. Some guys from russian Universal office hope it can make up to 2 billion RUB.  35 mln with current exchange rates. I don't think so, more like 1.6-1.7 bln RUB final gross.