CJohn

Ferdinand | 12/15/17 | Blue Sky - JOHN CENA IS FERDINAND

7 minutes ago, Spaghetti by the Sea said:

Maybe we'll get a trailer at Boss Baby. Definitely won't do as well as SING but being a mid range hit is very possible. 

I think that doing well as Sing is a possibility.

As I said, the source material might resonate really well with people.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2017 at 10:30 AM, TalismanRing said:

I loved Ferdinand when I was a kid.  Disney did the story in about 8 minutes so I hope Blue Sky translates it well into feature length and that it's as charming as their Peanuts was.

My grandmother gave me a copy of the book when I was three. She had owned it since my mom was a child. Hopefully this adaptation will stay faithful to the spirit of the original. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Alvin 4 did $85M when it opened against TFA. Ferdinand will either do the same or perhaps better.

I think It's a clear case that Ferdinand could do better than Alvin 4, if It's as good as some of the other Blue-Sky animated films.

And just because a blockbuster-movie (original or sequel, animated or live action) opens against a Star Wars-related movie on the same date or close to it....doesn't necessarily mean that Star Wars will completely destroy those said blockbusters.

I mean, look at Sing. That film is doing great despite going against Rogue One. And that's on It's way to around $265-270M or over that. Even Fantastic Beasts, Doctor Strange & Moana is doing really well around $231-241M DOM.

So i think Ferdinand will do fairly well. Probably around Rio/Horton business.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I think It's a clear case that Ferdinand could do better than Alvin 4, if It's as good as some of the other Blue-Sky animated films.

And just because a blockbuster-movie (original or sequel, animated or live action) opens against a Star Wars-related movie on the same date or close to it....doesn't necessarily mean that Star Wars will completely destroy those said blockbusters.

I mean, look at Sing. That film is doing great despite going against Rogue One. And that's on It's way to around $265-270M or over that. Even Fantastic Beasts, Doctor Strange & Moana is doing really well around $231-241M DOM.

So i think Ferdinand will do fairly well. Probably around Rio/Horton business.

As Jonwo said previously it depends on Jumanji which I think against TLJ will be the Sing to Rogue One and Ferdinand will be a bigger Passengers (Around the $100M-$120M range).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I was going to make a $220m dom club for this, but then I realized that it has the exact same release date as Star Wars 8, and Jumanji took the Wednesday spot.

Maybe if I really like the trailer I'll go through with it.

Why $220M?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

The subject matter could resonate with people. It's kind of timely.

I understand that but why exactly $220M, why not $200M or $250M? Seems kind of odd to me personally.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1