CJohn

Ferdinand | 12/15/17 | Blue Sky - JOHN CENA IS FERDINAND

According to BBFC, the movie's runtime is 106 minutes. Kind of surprising it's that long, as it'll be Blue Sky's longest film, and fairly long for an animated movie in general. I hope this means the studio has confidence in it and it will be one of Blue Sky's better movies. 

• Like 1

Just now, Blipsy said:

According to BBFC, the movie's runtime is 106 minutes. Kind of surprising it's that long, as it'll be Blue Sky's longest film, and fairly long for an animated movie in general. I hope this means the studio has confidence in it and it will be one of Blue Sky's better movies. 

Maybe computer animation is just getting cheaper and cheaper, leading to longer movies.

The first trailer that premiered in the spring made it look it look like a rather charming movie.

The second trailer that premiered in the summer made it look a lot more average and silly, but still not too bad. Just kind of a generic animated movie.

The third trailer that premiered in the fall made it look like garbage. I'm really holding out hope that it's just the studio making it look dumber than it is to appeal to kids, and that the first (or at least the second, which is probably more realistic) trailer is a more accurate representation of the overall film.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, DARth DAR said:

The 1938 short was able to tell the story in 8 minutes.  

That is my concern with this movie. The basic story simply is not long enough to make a good feature film. This means they sare going to add a lot stuff that was not in the book, and anytime you do this with a classic the chances it will turn out well is not great. I can see going half an hour with Ferdinand, but not a feature film.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

I thought when someone said Peyton Manning was one of the voice actors in this, they were joking, but Manning IS in this.

Looks as if Peyton did not make a great choice for his acting debut.

As everybody 0utside the US asks "who the hell is Peyton Manning"....

1 hour ago, YourMother said:

Everyday this looks more like cancer

Oh, so you assume the movie will suck the closer we get to the release? And will be cancer because it’s BlueSky? :wintf:

Norm of the North felt and was more like cancer. :gold:

This one actually looks way better than that film. 

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AJG said:

I'd hate to be working at Blue Sky right now. 

I don't think Disney will keep them around. That's 500 jobs.

Ehh...

Ice Age and Rio are popular enough properties Disney would likely want to exploit. If anything, having the marketing muscle of Disney would probably make their movies gross more money than what they currently do.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Ehh...

Ice Age and Rio are popular enough properties Disney would likely want to exploit. If anything, having the marketing muscle of Disney would probably make their movies gross more money than what they currently do.

Ice Age 5 (or 6) plummeted at the WW BO from the last film. Is Rio a hot property?

1 hour ago, CoolEric258 said:

Ehh...

I can also see them wanting Ferdinand (if it’s a hit) along with Pigeon Impossible and Nimona. Maybe they’ll retool DisneyToon and make these films with a cheaper budget.

• Like 1