Premium and Gold members please go to this thread:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24403-paid-perks/

Copper and Silver Accounts please PM me if you have paid past August 1st and care about the "Custom Avatar" (or really larger avatar) perk.

Emperor Tele-Limai

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword | Guy Ritchie | May 12, 2017 | Charlie Hunnam

TLK    2,131

I think King Arthur has an enormous, albeit latent, potential fanbase. Though I didn't like what Ritchie did with SHERLOCK HOLMES, that character was in a similar state prior to the WB re-imagining.

I skipped the second Sherlock movie because of what he did to the character in the first one. There was no need to bastardize a character that was so well-developed by Arthur Conan Doyle over the course of dozens of stories and a handful of novels. 

• Like 1

Emperor Tele-Limai    127,841

They will do one. It will fail. And then finally we may have our Sherlock Holmes 3.

No! Never!

I skipped the second Sherlock movie because of what he did to the character in the first one. There was no need to bastardize a character that was so well-developed by Arthur Conan Doyle over the course of dozens of stories and a handful of novels. 

I'm with ya. Wasn't a fan at all.

Emperor Tele-Limai    127,841

If they are planning 6 of these, can we not finally get an IT trilogy?  IMO, it's Stephen King's greatest work, just get the damn thing made.

For you, B:

@GoogIeStreets

The clown from the movie "It" found on Google Street view http://t.co/c1FRjdsvIt

1/27/14, 4:27 PM

• Like 1

Neo    10,726

They will do one. It will fail. And then finally we may have our Sherlock Holmes 3.

6+ years after the last one and that one will fail as well.

a2knet    11,333

3 I would understand. But 6?

They are barely making it to 6 middle-earth films over a decade.

franchises with 6 or more films are (i will exclude Bond cause it's 1 disconnected film each time and have had different actors playing the lead):

1. Potter

2. Star Wars - only 3 at a time were planned and the last 3 came after a big gap.

3. Fast and Furious -  the main cast went in and out. Can't happen with Arthur. Also a Tokyo Drift like gross would be the end.

Potter is the only franchise ever successfully planned with 6 or more continuous films at a stretch around the same main cast.

WB are trying to bite more than they can chew.

Time's gone for Sherlock 3.

I did rather have Guy Ritchie reboot the Green Lantern.

Edited by a2knet

Mango    6,980

Narrow it down to three films (six will be overkill, imo) and get rid of Guy Ritchie and this has a ton of potential to be fucking epic.

DamienRoc    10,614

Guy Ritchie gets to rape another British legend. Move along.

No he doesn't.

He may poorly adapt it, but there's no rape involved.

• Like 2

Shaldun    530

It's a good idea if done right IMO. The Arthur legends contains some epic stuff and universal themes. Would be great to see that in a blockbuster but 6 seems a little too much. 3 is good indeed.  WB wants to much to do another harry Potter but we can't follow Arthur on every moment of his life, even if there will have enough material for 6 movies (I doubt it).

I'm not fan of Guy Ritchie on that too.

• Like 1

Neo    10,726

3 I would understand. But 6?

They are barely making it to 6 middle-earth films over a decade.

franchises with 6 or more films are (i will exclude Bond cause it's 1 disconnected film each time and have had different actors playing the lead):

1. Potter

2. Star Wars - only 3 at a time were planned and the last 3 came after a big gap.

3. Fast and Furious -  the main cast went in and out. Can't happen with Arthur. Also a Tokyo Drift like gross would be the end.

Potter is the only franchise ever successfully planned with 6 or more continuous films at a stretch around the same main cast.

WB are trying to bite more than they can chew.

Time's gone for Sherlock 3.

I did rather have Guy Ritchie reboot the Green Lantern.

Why can't it?

Jawa    1,749

No he doesn't.

He may poorly adapt it, but there's no rape involved.

Yes. This is srs bsns.

Neo    10,726

How can Arthur be out of an Arthur movie?

I would imagine in the story, he isn't everywhere. Like in Fast 2 Diesel wasn't there, but his character still moved with the story.

a2knet    11,333

I would imagine in the story, he isn't everywhere. Like in Fast 2 Diesel wasn't there, but his character still moved with the story.

Yeah. If that happens they can't have his name in the title - like potter or sherlock had.

Will have to go the generic way like Fast and Furious, LOTR, etc.

grim22    51,847

http://www.deadline.com/2014/04/king-arthur-guy-ritchie-warner-bros-july-2016

Warner Bros and Village Roadshow Pictures have slotted the Guy Ritchie-helmed King Arthur for July 22, 2016. As we reported back in January, Ritchie was circling the project, a tentpole fantasy retelling of the Arthur legend. This new version was created by Joby Harold, who wrote the script for the first film. Producing is Akiva Goldsman through Weed Road, Harold and Tory Tunnell through Safehouse Pictures, and Ritchie’s partner Lionel Wigram. So far the pic has the July 22, 2016 date to itself.