CoolioD1

The Leftovers | HBO

I wanna say I'm bored but its not even that I'm not getting it! I'm not getting an angle to hook me in... I watch an episode and I feel just as puzzled as I was by previous episode as to what's going on / why they're behaving the way they are / where this is going? Don't even know what to speculate about... I want to give this a chance but its getting to point where I need to think hard when to watch episode where I won't feel like I wasted an hour watching something over my head which I can't quite make sense of yet Of course gotta give a show time to find its legs and pacing right so yeah I'll hang in there hopefully something anything starts making sense to me They have to careful threading line between being mysterious and too dense for audience

• Like 1

I'll watch it through the first season but beyond that.....meh.

Unless HBO knocks it out of the park in the remaining episodes I'll pass.

For anyone who has read the book, is it worth keeping up with?  (please no spoilers)

If more episodes are like the one with the priest then I will gladly keep watching the show every week. 

I liked the pilot, hated the second episode, but I freaking LOVED the thrid episode with the priest.

I'll admit when the guy nearly robbed him I was thinkinh moron!!! Then the scene did not end the way I thought it would so yeah that was fun Maybe I should read interviews with writers see if they give hints as to where this is going Not even LOST was this dense, also you had the hook from the go plane crash everybody understands that much and then you realize its not a normal crash

Okayyyyy I'm not sure I can do this anymoreI'm not sure focusing on small town usa was the best angle for this story Maybe if they were following the military or government officials who were actively searching for the missing 2%I dunno I think I'm going to let this one flow which way I don't know If next sunday I remember to check it out then I will if I don't then I don't but I'm not going to gout of my way to see it ! Its driving me nuts feeling like I've wasted an hour Its a sad constatation to realize nobody cares about the leftovers in general not the show per se and yet those who disappeared / died get more spotlight that those who who stayed back I keep wondering is this what was going on while oceanic airlines went missing on LOST? Cause no shit the islands happening where way more interesting and our losties were lucky indeed to be lost

Very disturbing bookends to the episode, with the stoning in the beginning and the ending pulling back another curtain on the apparent fascism and cruelty of AFTEC (and potentially the federal government in general).

I wanna say I'm bored but its not even that

I would say that boring is an accurate description for this show.

I did give this show a chance, but I don't care about the plot nor the characters at all, so I will be looking for something better to watch. 

Does this really get better?  I've watched most of the first episode.  Nothing's really grabbed me so far and I haven't found any of the characters that interesting.

It gets better, but I still don't think it is great or anything. With that said, it is still good enough that I will keep watching it.

The acting from the adults is pretty great, and there are good individual bits. The plot doesn't seem to be leading anywhere particularly noteworthy.

I do think Theroux, Scott Glenn, and Carrie Coon are killing it though. Without these three, I would have gave up a while ago