kayumanggi

SNATCHED | May 12 2017 | Fox | trailer on page 1

Just now, AABATTERY said:

Honestly I think South Park has a huge part in it. Ever since they had the episode with her in it people just do not let up whenever Amy is mentioned. It was there before that, but I've found it to be insufferable since it aired.

South Park? Of course... I find South Park weird. I really like some episodes, I think when it's good then it's real good you know? But when it's shit, Jesus Christ. It can be unbelievably mean in a very unnecessary way and it's such a turn off for me. I guess it's just my personality but I prefer something like Simpsons because they at least try to give a crap.

And yes, I know it's all satire and not meant to be taken seriously, but some people actually worship some of that crap in a very serious way, it's kinda creepy.

/southparkrant

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

South Park? Of course... I find South Park weird. I really like some episodes, I think when it's good then it's real good you know? But when it's shit, Jesus Christ. It can be unbelievably mean in a very unnecessary way and it's such a turn off for me. I guess it's just my personality but I prefer something like Simpsons because they at least try to give a crap.

And yes, I know it's all satire and not meant to be taken seriously, but some people actually worship some of that crap in a very serious way, it's kinda creepy.

/southparkrant

Yep. A decent portion of the fanbase has really turned me off of it (and I was never particularly into it in the first place). A lot of people just take their word as gospel and parrot the stuff they heard in South Park as if it's the be-all-and-end-all. Half the time I think they're missing the point of what Parker and Stone are trying to say just so they have an excuse to say mean shit to people.

And that FUCKING MEMBER BERRIES MEME. I haven't watched the episode it's in but holy shit is it annoying.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AABATTERY said:

Yep. A decent portion of the fanbase has really turned me off of it (and I was never particularly into it in the first place). A lot of people just take their word as gospel and parrot the stuff they heard in South Park as if it's the be-all-and-end-all. Half the time I think they're missing the point of what Parker and Stone are trying to say just so they have an excuse to say mean shit to people.

And that FUCKING MEMBER BERRIES MEME. I haven't watched the episode it's in but holy shit is it annoying.

Oh I have, I happened to catch it on an end of the year marathon they had and it's such an unmemorable episode, I have no idea why it caught on so much.

But yeah, I'm tired of the fanbase as well. It's really not as good as they make it out to be.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AABATTERY said:

What are you saying...? Are you saying... are you saying that... you don't MEMBER the episode?! MEMBER WHEN? Member when South Park had member berries? Member Han Solo? Member the Millennium Falcon? Member when America was great? :P 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

What are you saying...? Are you saying... are you saying that... you don't MEMBER the episode?! MEMBER WHEN? Member when South Park had member berries? Member Han Solo? Member the Millennium Falcon? Member when America was great? :P 

nooooooooooooooooooooo

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I worry about the maturity of people who still watch South Park. It was a thing when I was in primary school. 

I imagine their fan base to be wasters, like unsuccessful, even less-hot Seth Rogens.

Yeah sure, lol.  Never mind that my mom is 51 and thinks the show is hilarious.  Everyone who watches it is immature.

Something tells me you haven't watched it, actually.  They have some brilliant social commentary and satire in a good majority of their episodes.  They're mixed in with some crude humor, but not as much as there was in, say, the first 4 seasons.

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

Yeah sure, lol.  Never mind that my mom is 51 and thinks the show is hilarious.  Everyone who watches it is immature.

Something tells me you haven't watched it, actually.  They have some brilliant social commentary and satire in a good majority of their episodes.  They're mixed in with some crude humor, but not as much as there was in, say, the first 4 seasons.

I remember having a "Kyle" key chain in primary 7, so I would have been about 9 years old.

It died a death here in the UK after the first film, it was hot for a few years then just died.

I can't wait for this.

I wish they'd just man up and put: "FROM THE WRITER OF GHOSTBUSTERS" in the trailer. The Trump trolls are already disliking it on Youtube, I think Amy must have said something negative about Flump.

I don't think it's even Trump trolls. It's just a vocal minority of the internet that really fucking hates Amy Schumer for whatever reason.

5 minutes ago, BitterBATTERY said:

The issue here is that you've looked at the YouTube comments. :redcapes:

I always kick myself, lol. 

RedBand Trailer, 18,000 dislikes, 7,000 likes.

I can see what they're trying to do.

A quick look at the Ghostbusters trailer comments, people are still discussing making accounts to dislike, morons, lol.

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BitterBATTERY said:

I don't think it's even Trump trolls. It's just a vocal minority of the internet that really fucking hates Amy Schumer for whatever reason.

Because how dare a woman be outspoken on real world issues, get back to the kitchen and cook me dinner you a fat broad. Basically.

• Like 2