kayumanggi

A DOG'S PURPOSE | 01.27.17 | Universal | current gross ● 64.25 M

I'm with @AndyLL, I'm gonna wait until there's more evidence released. We don't know the background of this.

...that being said, even if it's out of context, then it could still unfairly hurt the BO of it. You know, fake news/smear campaigns and all that.

• Like 8

53 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

Is that really what they said?  

Or perhaps what they said was:

The AHA tells TMZ, "We are placing the safety representative who was on the set on administrative leave immediately and are bringing in an independent third party to conduct an investigation into this matter."

So they are going to try to get the facts about what happened.  Which is what they should do.  

I for one will wait to see what the AHA and the owner any/or trainer says.  I know most won't.

Different things from different sites. 

No, I will not give them the benefit of the doubt. You have a man trying to force a dog into a dangerous situation that the dog knows is dangerous. It's instincts are telling it to run. Then the dog can't swim in the current and ends up under water. That must have been terrifying for the dog. There is nothing they can say to justify that. Especially when one man keeps saying "throw him in". I don't trust the humane society to do the right thing. They steal donations. 

• Like 5

This movie looked dumb and I feel bad for the dog but I will never understand people's outrage about one dog being uncomfortable in the water but they still eat meat, wear leather, run over animals on the street, step on cockroaches etc. 

and of course they are expressing said anger made by phones made from http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3280872/iPhone-mineral-miners-Africa-use-bare-hands-coltan.html

It just doesn't make sense to me lmao. People seriously have some sort of mental bug. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Frozen said:

Different things from different sites. 

No, I will not give them the benefit of the doubt. You have a man trying to force a dog into a dangerous situation that the dog knows is dangerous. It's instincts are telling it to run. Then the dog can't swim in the current and ends up under water. That must have been terrifying for the dog. There is nothing they can say to justify that. Especially when one man keeps saying "throw him in". I don't trust the humane society to do the right thing. They steal donations. 

Why not just wait until the investigation ends? Like someone else said, dogs can get randomly scared. You don't know the full story. 

• Like 1

Public opinion of this film will swift very quickly. Regardless of the outcome of the investigation, people have already made up their mind. USA Today, CBS News have both picked up the story and more will as the night and probably the next few days comes out. This movie is now officially screwed.

• Like 1

http://www.tmz.com/2017/01/18/a-dogs-purpose-german-shepherd-is-okay-not-forced-to-film/

The German Shepherd seen struggling to stay out of a pool while filming "A Dog's Purpose" was not forced to complete the scene, and shooting only resumed when he was comfortable ... according to producers.

Amblin Entertainment tells TMZ ... the dog, named Hercules, had "several days of rehearsal of the water scenes to ensure [he] was comfortable with all of the stunts."

The production company adds, "On the day of the shoot, Hercules did not want to perform the stunt portrayed on the tape so the Amblin production team did not proceed with filming that shot."

We're told the director called for a break in shooting and when they resumed ... Hercules was fine with doing the scene, and was NOT thrown into the water.

TMZ broke the story ... behind the scenes footage showed a handler trying to force the dog into the pool. Hercules ended up going under once filming resumed, but divers and handlers quickly rescued him. Amblin says, "Hercules is happy and healthy."

The company adds, the movie "is a celebration of the special connection between humans and their dogs. And in the spirit of this relationship, the Amblin production team followed rigorous protocols to foster an ethical and safe environment for the animals."

They're continuing to review footage and Amblin says it's confident great care and concern was shown for Hercules and all dogs featured in the film.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, ban1o said:

This movie looked dumb and I feel bad for the dog but I will never understand people's outrage about one dog being uncomfortable in the water but they still eat meat, wear leather, run over animals on the street, step on cockroaches etc. 

The thing about running over animals and the cockroaches is ridiculous; sometimes you just cannot help that.

As for eating, wearing fur, etc...how do you know whether any of us here is vegan? You are simply making a lot of assumptions.

40 minutes ago, MovieGuyKyle17 said:

Public opinion of this film will swift very quickly. Regardless of the outcome of the investigation, people have already made up their mind. USA Today, CBS News have both picked up the story and more will as the night and probably the next few days comes out. This movie is now officially screwed.

I hope it tanks hard.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

To the surprise of no one, PETA is calling for a boycott.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/peta-calls-boycott-a-dog-s-purpose-video-surfaces-965667

Fuck PETA. Those bastards slaughter thousands of pets every year. They have no right to point fingers at anyone else when cruelty to animals is their standard practice.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Beals said:

The thing about running over animals and the cockroaches is ridiculous; sometimes you just cannot help that.

As for eating, wearing fur, etc...how do you know whether any of us here is vegan? You are simply making a lot of assumptions.

Ok how many of you guys are vegan? I'm betting not many because people have this selective care about dogs but don't give a crap about any other animals. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

Also, that video reminds me of trying to give my dog a bath

A lot of pets fight being bathed, but that's an entirely different situation. The dog was clearly panicked for very good reason, given that he water was turbulent and he went under quickly once pushed in. He had more sense than the foolish handler, who should have taken better care of him.

I'm not going to go over-the-top in condemning those involved since the dog survived. However, that footage was awful because the poor animal was so stressed and fearful. What's galling is that the movie's supposed veneration of dogs is so maudlin when behind the scenes at least one was treated badly.