kayumanggi

A DOG'S PURPOSE | 01.27.17 | Universal | current gross ● 64.25 M

6 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

My word, great reference and chilling as fuck movie. But, I agree, once this story's in the mainstream consciousness, the movie's profits take a huge hit.

The media is comprised of people. They wouldn't broadcast this story if they didn't think it would reinforce outrage culture. If it turns out this was out of context, then it just shows how susceptible people are to mass hysteria. 

French teacher brought this up at the beginning of class, trying to start a class discussion. It's crazy how divided everyone is, almost exactly half the class is against the movie, the other half says the video was exaggerated and it's better to wait until the whole story is known.

Then name calling started, people started getting mad at each other, and they just abandoned trying to speak in French. 

• Like 9

This is still trending, and people are still bashing it over the video. If that's not what really went down then studio better hurry up and get it out. They should've stayed over overnight trying to fix it because TMZ/PETA/whoever has done an effective job with the smear campaign.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jandrew said:

This is still trending, and people are still bashing it over the video. If that's not what really went down then studio better hurry up and get it out. They should've stayed over overnight trying to fix it because TMZ/PETA/whoever has done an effective job with the smear campaign.

Yes. And http://adogspurpose.com/ (authors site... not the movie site) is down... likely the victim of a DOS attack.

Unfortunate because that is one place I hoped to get the real truth.

movie is fucked.

seriously the damage here is done.  and whether you agree or disagree about the level of animal cruelty that video showed I can PROMISE you the crowd they wanted to carry this film (and could have carried it to be a nice sleeper) will just boycott the shit out of it.  I must have seen 15 shared articles about it on Facebook alone yesterday.

I legit think this could have done something like 15/75 but will now be lucky to make 25 total.

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Like 5

I won't watch it. :(  i can't stand cruelty against animals.

When was this movie filmed? Last year, right? It's interesting they withheld the release of the tape until now when the movie is about to be released. if they released it when it was filming maybe they could have done something constructive and saved the other dogs from abusive behavior. but no...they release it now. shameful!

• Like 2

Just now, Alli said:

When was this movie filmed? Last year, right? It's interesting they withheld the release of the tape until now when the movie is about to be released. if they released it when it was filming maybe they could have done something constructive and saved the other dogs from abusive behavior. but no...they release it now. shameful!

Apparently late 2015.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

lol TMZ probably had the tape for a while. They released it now to cause the most sensation and headlines lmao. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, ban1o said:

lol TMZ probably had the tape for a while. They released it now to cause the most sensation and headlines lmao. 

makes sense. fuck tmz!!! anything for clicks. who's the parent company of tmz?if this were their movie, they wouldn't release shit

4 minutes ago, Alli said:

There was no cruelty. Only manipulative editing.

• Like 2

People are so fast with their judgement nowadays. 

They like to be scandalized, wearing a $2 Shirt, made by 6 year old Kids in Bangladesh. With Force!

Check the facts, wait for facts.

But don't trust a manipulatively cut tape at first sight.

If anything, discuss using animals for movies generally.
Or maybe ask the horse next time, you want to ride it.

It won't answer, and we won't care. 

Edited by Poseidon
  • Like 3

Some people care about animals (especially dogs) more than they do other people. I can't blame everyone for having a snap reaction. I'm not saying it's the studios responsibility to get the truth out, but they do need to if they want to save any face. And if the video was actually manipulated then I'd probably take whoever I need to to court.

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, jandrew said:

Some people care about animals (especially dogs) more than they do other people. I can't blame everyone for having a snap reaction. I'm not saying it's the studios responsibility to get the truth out, but they do need to if they want to save any face. And if the video was actually manipulated then I'd probably take whoever I need to to court.

It's not manipulated, it's just cut to sell a certain impression.

• Like 2