Plain Old Tele

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

People solely focus on USA. When you see this expected to end with 70m in UK and Japan possibly 100m you will see that Hermione helped a lot and it is apparent in the markets where HP was strong.

I am far from saying that Emma was the key success to this but with an "unknown" lead as someone mentioned you would see  250m rather than a 350m WW debut.

• Like 3

Not that my demographics overly matters to this film but I can tell you the only reason I went to see this was because of Emma Watson. If Emma Stone has been in the lead I probably would have passed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

Not that my demographics overly matters to this film but I can tell you the only reason I went to see this was because of Emma Watson. If Emma Stone has been in the lead I probably would have passed.

:wintf:

B you been disappointing me a lot the past couple days

Edited by Ethan Hunt
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Seems quite a few people think it's impossible for a BatB movie to pull a 140+ m OW without Emma Watson.

Very few of her defenders are saying she just added an extra 20-30 m.

I mean I only saw a couple of people doing that

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

Seems like a waste to not cast Stone in Mulan.

• Like 1

Just now, TelemAAchos said:

Her hair doesn't need to be red, man. 

I actually agree tbh. Again I've never seen her act but just from what I know Aul'i seems like she would be a good choice.  but if they are banking on the whole nostalgia thing like they did with BATB they probably are going to make it red.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

So who's gonna play the Octopus villain lady in the The Little Mermaid remake?  I got a few ideas but don't want to be accused of body shaming.

Rebel Wilson played Ursula in the hollywood bowl version recently. I think she's a little young but she could be interesting lol. 

Edited by ban1o