Plain Old Tele

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

I'm sure there is, but why not cast the best actor you possibly can? Why does the hair matter so much? It's not the original. The goal should to make the best movie possible while giving people their money's worth, not just an easy paint by numbers movie to appeal to Disney nostalgia. 

1) Best actor in terms of pure acting ability, or ability to embody Ariel? Because they're not necessarily the same, and I bet there's a wider pool for the latter that can also pull off being a redhead.

2) Nostalgia is a key factor in these movies' success.

3 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Why are you guys getting hung up on the red hair?  We need to discuss whether or not the live action Mermaid will only be wearing a seashell bra and if thats appropriate in this day and age.

this is actually something to consider though lmao I'm guessing not.... 

HOW ABOUT THIS....change Ariel's backstory that she is a survivor of ovarian cancer and MAKE HER BALD!!!!  There, now you could all imagine what color hair she actually had!!!!

Now, @Rth and the Beast.....make us fall from our seats!!!!!

???

• Like 4

I don't know what the studios/distributors were thinking in Australia.  BatB, Life and Power Rangers PLUS BOSS BABY all open this weekend yet nothing opened last weekend (by nothing I mean A Cure for Wellness).

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, franfar said:

1) Best actor in terms of pure acting ability, or ability to embody Ariel? Because they're not necessarily the same, and I bet there's a wider pool for the latter that can also pull off being a redhead.

2) Nostalgia is a key factor in these movies' success.

It's a new movie. She's already been embodied. Create something new and interesting with the character. Also, movies can be plenty nostalgic without being carbon copy remakes or movies designed solely to appeal to fans with Easter Eggs and callbacks. There's plenty of examples. It's assuming that audiences have too low of standards to accept anything that isn't just a bunch of callbacks to something else they liked. I just don't think that's true.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chrisman0606 said:

What is @Rth and the Beast of Asgard giving us?

He posted a picture saying tons more people die from falling out of their seats than shark attacks....so I'm assuming a big number for Sunday 

Edited by MJL
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

It's a new movie. She's already been embodied. Create something new and interesting with the character. Also, movies can be plenty nostalgic without being carbon copy remakes or movies designed solely to appeal to fans with Easter Eggs and callbacks. There's plenty of examples. It's assuming that audiences have too low of standards to accept anything that isn't just a bunch of callbacks to something else they liked. I just don't think that's true.

Sure, but if you don't have to remake the character anew, then there's no need to.

Edited by franfar

1 minute ago, DeeCee said:

I don't know what the studios/distributors were thinking in Australia.  BatB, Life and Power Rangers all open this weekend yet nothing opened last weekend (by nothing I mean A Cure for Wellness).

Don't forget Boss Baby along with Cure 

9 hours ago, grey ghost said:

The first 70 pages of shitposting had alot of spam but also plenty of laugh out loud moments.

It's easy enough to avoid and "only" read the last 170 pages if you hate gif humor.

I'm always down for a good gif, but 70 pages before we even had friday estimates?  Cray.

OCA28DS.gif

spam.gif

* Actually, thats a lie. I love spam. The one in the can. 

1 minute ago, Jim Shorts said:

I'm always down for a good gif, but 70 pages before we even had friday estimates?  Cray.

OCA28DS.gif

spam.gif

* Actually, thats a lie. I love spam. The one in the can. 

This thread was in the can

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rth and the Beast said:

Don't forget Boss Baby along with Cure 

Cure opened last Thursday.  I'm guessing it didn't make much of an impact.

Cure finished 6th

Spoiler

Edited by DeeCee