A Marvel Fanboy

Assassin's Creed | 12/21/2016 | Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard | Final Trailer on Page 71

Yeah, they've been test screening this here in London, actually. I haven't seen it though, was this close to it though but was away day of screening.

2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

early screening redditor gives it a 7/10. oh boy critics are gonna skewer this fucking thing.

There's only one. lol

Edited by antovolk

7 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

early screening redditor gives it a 7/10. oh boy critics are gonna skewer this fucking thing.

Spoke to this guy and he sounded full of shit. He/she got plot points completely wrong and couldn't correctly answer specific questions. 

7 hours ago, Valonqar said:

I expect critical reception to be better than audience's. Critics have a hard-on for Kurtzel while the audience doesn't care for this movie and its stars. So RT rating may end up higher than its lifetime boxoffice. :lol:

Critics are a a predictable herd.

On 11/24/2016 at 11:36 AM, Valonqar said:

I expect critical reception to be better than audience's. Critics have a hard-on for Kurtzel while the audience doesn't care for this movie and its stars. So RT rating may end up higher than its lifetime boxoffice. :lol:

It's interesting how Fassbender seems to be closer to box office poison than any kind of draw considering I really don't know what's to dislike about him? You'd think he'd be a bigger star. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

@antovolk

What he said:

I've never played the games, so I can't base it off that 

But there's a lot of parkour, it's gritty, there's a lot of rock inspired music, and there's a very heavy emphasis on brown tones which was interesting. 

Overall 8/10

Since I've never played the games, I had a lot of fun with it because I didn't know what to expect. 

(Minor Spoiler) 
Just to prove that I've seen it, there's a scene where Callum is going crazy and Sophia is calming him down around 2/3 or middle of the film.

The conflict between Knights Templar and the Assassins was grey but black and white at the same time. Some scenes they're obviously the antagonist. But then sometimes it makes you think about their motivations. 

Film was in Aguilar/ Callum's POV, and he's sort of a drifter who doesn't really belong in the films present day society. 

After talk with producer, he said it's very faithful towards the games and UBISOFT was a consultant.

As for Spain...it was good? I don't know, I've never been to Spain lol

oh right. Yes there's definitely Spanish. 

Producer said it only felt right for them to speak it and he said it added a layer of richness and flavour to the film. I don't speak Spanish, so I don't know if it's fluent or not. And acting is solid. I think the MCs are all Academy nominated actors ?

There's a lot of producers, but I think Patrick (?) was the one I met. He did most of the talking. Apparently there were 2 other producers with him, but they didn't speak. 

Edited by RedX
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

It's interesting how Fassbender seems to be closer to box office poison than any kind of draw considering I really don't know what's to dislike about him? You'd think he'd be a bigger star. 

It isn't really like or dislike. He's just not exciting to GA. It has nothing to do with talent. Some people just aren't. I've also noticed discrepancy between who Internet thinks should be big and who GA accepts/rejects. Like Emily Blunt. She isn't a bomb but her boxoffice is unexciting. But going by Internet hype, you'd think she's up there with Jennifer Lawrence. 

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

It isn't really like or dislike. He's just not exciting to GA. It has nothing to do with talent. Some people just aren't. I've also noticed discrepancy between who Internet thinks should be big and who GA accepts/rejects. Like Emily Blunt. She isn't a bomb but her boxoffice is unexciting. But going by Internet hype, you'd think she's up there with Jennifer Lawrence. 

To be blunt, Emily Blunt isn't that popular.

Why is she hyped by the web?

2 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

To be blunt, Emily Blunt isn't that popular.

Why is she hyped by the web?

It started after Edge of Tomorrow where she played a badass and than fans went crazy about her, tried to force Marvel to cast her as Captain Marvel. Like I said, Internet has specific taste that may not always overlap with GA.

• Like 1