Orestes

DISNEY+ Original: Marvel's Daredevil - Season 4 is coming!

Have you ditched Agents of Shield because it does significantly improve?

I guess I was the only person who liked Stick...and I'm wondering what door will open. That episode was like the only one that was actually building something for the next series/season.

I haven't ditched it.    I'm just in no hurry to watch it.   I'll get around to it.

The Skye character...I've hated her since the beginning.   The last episode I saw indicated the show was about to revolved around her even more than before.

Show is great so far. Hope it continues on through the whole season and the start isn't just.....................................................................................

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

....................................................................................................................................................blind luck.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Like 3

He doesn't tho. The line means the opposite of that. That if he could buy her it'd be artificial, and he wasn't looking for that

Fisk/Vanessa relationship is one of the best things about the show imo. Twisted as they are

They are the MCU version of Boyd/Ava from JUSTIFIED and I am into them!

Also, Charlie Cox catapulted to the top of my MCU actor list. He's equal to Evans for me. His red lips! His beautiful abs... *dreamy sigh*

• Like 6

They are the MCU version of Boyd/Ava from JUSTIFIED and I am into them!

Also, Charlie Cox catapulted to the top of my MCU actor list. He's equal to Evans for me. His red lips! His beautiful abs... *dreamy sigh*

So I'm not the only one with a thing for his beautiful lips. and his entire jaw structure. they were spot on for the actor in the sense of someone who's lower face is going to be focused on a lot. really mad about the manscaping  though, that is maybe the only thing DC has over marvel at the moment. also I think he maybe be above Captain America/  Evans for me.. which is saying a LOT.

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 2

I'm rewatching STARDUST right now and I rented THEORY OF EVERYTHING, and I have my Prime membership queued up for BOARDWALK EMPIRE, which I've never seen, but I've heard Cox is all up in that… And I've already googled his nude butt shots from BE, so… YEAH BABY!!

I'm crazy in love obsessed with him right now. Maybe even a wee bit more than Chris Evans. (Though Evans' press tour shenanigans are making me ROFL.)

Edited by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
  • Like 2

I'm rewatching STARDUST right now and I rented THEORY OF EVERYTHING, and I have my Prime membership queued up for BOARDWALK EMPIRE, which I've never seen, but I've heard Cox is all up in that… And I've already googled his nude butt shots from BE, so… YEAH BABY!!

I'm crazy in love obsessed with him right now. Maybe even a wee bit more than Chris Evans. (Though Evans' press tour shenanigans are making me ROFL.)

I didn't blame Jane for leaving hawking for him..  :ph34r:

charliecoxasaugie.jpg

• Like 2

Oh swoon!

He is both cute and sexy. Though… really, in STARDUST he's more cute. 

In DAREDEVIL though, he is just eminently fuckable. I can say that here, can't I?

Oh yes.. I need his body. 

• Like 2

Finished it and its a great show overall.

I was disappointed with the climax though, the stakes felt like they died three episodes or so before the finale.

By the finale you kept hearing, "We have to stop Fisk," but by then all the piece were in place to see him fall rather anti-climatically. Sure, there was the bit at the end but by then it just seemed like a cheap excuse to let Daredevil beat him senseless in his real costume.

The season was at its best through the explosion and the aftermath. When everything goes down, it really does go down and its tense, thrilling, and engaging. The scenes where he talks to the pastor ring the right amount of emotional tone.

Froggy really brings the show down for me, as does Karen. They have their moments, but they're nearly at the Darcy and her Intern level of bad sidekicks up until the last few episodes (even then They're both still incredibly annoying). I was Wesley would have killed Karen and not the opposite, he was a much more interesting character. Same thing with Ben, I wish Wilson had killed Froggy instead.

I feel like the show also could have condensed down to around 10 episodes and the pace would have been tighter, especially towards the last few. The biggest problem is that there isn't much payoff in the finale, things just kind of fall into place because they get lucky. And when they expose Fisk it just sort of happens, despite all of that build up about how impossible itd to be actually expose him.

Matt also seems backwards in progression. His character kicks butt for a few episodes and then all of the sudden he gets downgraded to the point where a shopkeeper can beat the tar out of him. The fight scenes at the beginning episodes are also much more engaging, choreographed, and well shot than the ending ones (but to be fair it's really hard to top that episode 2 fight, the one in the car was pretty nice though). I also felt like the line, "Its time to stop taking a beating and start giving one," was misused in time, it could have worked much better closer to the end.

The show has this awesome momentum going that dies out in the last few episodes. However it sounds like I'm ragging on the show now and I'm not, it was excellent TV just with a few glaring flaws that I felt like I needed to talk about, mostly because everything else in the show is so thrilling and clean that the flaws it does have stick out like a sore thumb. But besides that it's some of the finest superhero quality TV or film out there.

• Like 2

Finished it and its a great show overall.

I was disappointed with the climax though, the stakes felt like they died three episodes or so before the finale.

By the finale you kept hearing, "We have to stop Fisk," but by then all the piece were in place to see him fall rather anti-climatically. Sure, there was the bit at the end but by then it just seemed like a cheap excuse to let Daredevil beat him senseless in his real costume.

The season was at its best through the explosion and the aftermath. When everything goes down, it really does go down and its tense, thrilling, and engaging. The scenes where he talks to the pastor ring the right amount of emotional tone.

Froggy really brings the show down for me, as does Karen. They have their moments, but they're nearly at the Darcy and her Intern level of bad sidekicks up until the last few episodes (even then They're both still incredibly annoying). I was Wesley would have killed Karen and not the opposite, he was a much more interesting character. Same thing with Ben, I wish Wilson had killed Froggy instead.

I feel like the show also could have condensed down to around 10 episodes and the pace would have been tighter, especially towards the last few. The biggest problem is that there isn't much payoff in the finale, things just kind of fall into place because they get lucky. And when they expose Fisk it just sort of happens, despite all of that build up about how impossible itd to be actually expose him.

Matt also seems backwards in progression. His character kicks butt for a few episodes and then all of the sudden he gets downgraded to the point where a shopkeeper can beat the tar out of him. The fight scenes at the beginning episodes are also much more engaging, choreographed, and well shot than the ending ones (but to be fair it's really hard to top that episode 2 fight, the one in the car was pretty nice though). I also felt like the line, "Its time to stop taking a beating and start giving one," was misused in time, it could have worked much better closer to the end.

The show has this awesome momentum going that dies out in the last few episodes. However it sounds like I'm ragging on the show now and I'm not, it was excellent TV just with a few glaring flaws that I felt like I needed to talk about, mostly because everything else in the show is so thrilling and clean that the flaws it does have stick out like a sore thumb. But besides that it's some of the finest superhero quality TV or film out there.

I do feel like the last few episodes were a bit of a letdown, mostly because they kept focusing on these side characters, I wanted for Murdock! I did find bit foggy a bit annoying, and he was really too harsh on Matt when he found out imo. I liked Karen, but she was overused, they gave her character like the second most screentime for some reason and she wasn't even that closely connect to Daredevil. but Wilson Fisk was so amazing in just about every way it made up for a lot of it. and Daredevil/Matt. really excellent casting on both their parts. Rosario Dawson was really underused too imo, I liked her character, but basically all she did was stitch Murdock up.

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 2

I do feel like the last few episodes were a bit of a letdown, mostly because they kept focusing on these side characters, I wanted for Murdock! I did find bit foggy a bit annoying, and he was really too harsh on Matt when he found out imo. I liked Karen, but she was overused, they gave her character like the second most screentime for some reason and she wasn't even that closely connect to Daredevil. but Wilson Fisk was so amazing in just about every way it made up for a lot of it. and Daredevil/Matt. really excellent casting on both their parts. Rosario Dawson was really underused too imo, I liked her character, but basically all she did was stitch Murdock up.

I agree with you, I think I would have like Karen more had she not been overused so much. And Wilson Fisk was a huge highlight, his backstory episode was one of the strongest in the season. Hopefully they can find new moral conflicts for Matt beyond do I kill him or do I not, it was great in this season I'm just worried they may overuse that.

Fisk had a great arch, however it was irritating that a primary theme is emotion is a downfall yet Matt doesn't work past his emotion to beat Fisk, he was just less emotional than Fisk at that moment.

• Like 1

so last night i watched the first 7 episodes back to back , its really awesome !

right now i'm watching the 2nd half of the series , i have got to say vanessa dammnnnnn girlfriend she's like fisk soulmate

what is life when even the bad guy has a chick tailor -suited to fit his pov!

charlie cox is cuteeeeee but then i already knew that from boardwalk empire  :wub:

i have to say i was a bit cautious after reading some saying its a bit slow and boring or whatever but its pretty good , tight writing right up my alley 

def has the whole dark batman gritty vibe going for it ! 

one negative too little of rosario dawson so far ..., seeing the girl from trueblood reminds me i have yet to watch the last season of that show , big time proscratination going on there , i guess i feel like if i don't watch it then its not over (i loved my campy trueblood ^_^ ) 

vincent d'onofrio hands down awesome and chilling as kingpin , nothing like the bad guy who believes in his cause , believes he's doing the right thing and actually convincing people of it by legal means apart from his more illegal ones !

• Like 1

Really, I adore Karen and Foggy, so I was thrilled with the last half of the series. 

Karen, especially. I love how well her arc and story changed from the comics. I really, really hope they continue with her development. Deborah Ann Woll can get it!

FOGGY THOUGH! I loved that

his speech to Matt about DD was really all about whether Matt trusted him, and seeing him hurt. It came across like a couple going through a breakup. I thought he was rightly angry and scared for his best friend. And the anger didn't last long at all… really, only two episodes.

• Like 2

Yeah, I thought the way Foggy reacted to finding out made perfect sense considering their relationship. He didn't like being lied to by his best friend and he is worried about his safety. Add that together and you get his spot in reaction.

Edited by Empire Out
  • Like 2

Yeah, I thought the way Foggy reacted to finding out made perfect sense considering their relationship. He didn't like being lied to by his best friend and he is worried about his safety. Add that together and you get his spot in reaction.

maybe, but when he found out, Murdock was half dead, you'd think maybe he could of let up a little at first.

• Like 2

i loved him in stardust way back when he was a wee nobody but it was more the story than one actor's turn in particular! you know i love a movie when i buy the dvd esp in these times 

i'm glad for him he's been steadily moving up and yeah he does have those very luscious lips ! ha ha ha

damn foggy is giving him a lot of grief in episode 10!

i'm so conflicted 3 more episodes to go , i might be able to squeeze 2 episodes in but i have to work in the morning and can't be late crap i'll watch one more and watched the other 2 friday night , need time to get my stuff for class ready 

i'm actually correcting papers while watching the show finally on my last 2

• Like 1

Watched all of it in 3 days. Even my dad liked it and he doesn't usually watch TV shows. 

I'm gonna have a hard time watching Arrow now after Daredevil.

I never finished the first Season of Arrow, I mean it was alright, but it moved way to slow and I just couldn't get into it. 

• Like 2

maybe, but when he found out, Murdock was half dead, you'd think maybe he could of let up a little at first.

It is hard to control your emotions when you find out something that big. Especially with how distrusted he felt.

• Like 2

i'm actually very partial to  fisk's handyman ! i have a thing for the intellectual looking criminal, they project a "its only business nothing personal vibe" , something i liked about idris elba character on THE WIRE

fisk on the other hand he's like " i'm a big teddy bear...but no really i'm a twisted psychopath ha ha ha "

Edited by COOKIE SLAYING BooBooKitty
  • Like 2