Orestes

DISNEY+ Original: Marvel's Daredevil - Season 4 is coming!

• Community Manager

Last 4 episodes or so are full of every single cliché I know. It's not bad, Cox is the best Marvel hero since Downey, but this show lacks in visuals and style and their version of Fisk didn't really work for me, to be honest.

6.5/10

Arrow S1 > Daredevil S1

While the show does have faults, Daredevil does not lack in visuals or style. You might not like it but the show's color tone is very Daredevil and there's very few shows that look like it.

• Like 2

I watched 4 episodes last night, and whole day, today I was slightly refusing myself to coming back to these series. Why? Because of Kingpin. This character is so well written and we'll played, that everytimes he's on screen, he causes such an unpleasant discomfort, that it almost wakes up fear in me. And that's great. He's one of the best villains I saw in comic adaptations in last few years. Ledgers' Joker was great, be he was so fun too watch. Vincents' Kingpin is so great and yet - the less I see him, the better I feel. I won't say he is better than Ledger. But just completly different than everything I saw. Terryfying. Episode 5th - lets roll.

• Like 3

I watched 4 episodes last night, and whole day, today I was slightly refusing myself to coming back to these series. Why? Because of Kingpin. This character is so well written and we'll played, that everytimes he's on screen, he causes such an unpleasant discomfort, that it almost wakes up fear in me. And that's great. He's one of the best villains I saw in comic adaptations in last few years. Ledgers' Joker was great, be he was so fun too watch. Vincents' Kingpin is so great and yet - the less I see him, the better I feel. I won't say he is better than Ledger. But just completly different than everything I saw. Terryfying. Episode 5th - lets roll.

What has really impressed me with this show is that it has well developed complex diverse characters, each episode seems to further their character arcs and I like pretty much every character. and the story is so intricate, everything seems to have a purpose.   

By the way I know I'm only two episodes in but I think my chief problem with the series can be summed up with I want to know why he's doing this. Hopefully future episodes answer this.

I've only watched one episode (about to start a binge watch) but the reason for his accident as a kid told me all about his tendency to help people.    He's just that kind of person.

About half way through I wish Marvel would made this into a movie. It is one of thier better projects

I agree with Empire, a TV show can do things at a pace which really develops characters in a way a movie can't touch.

And frankly, if I like this, that will be far more hours of entertainment than  two decades of DD movies could give me.

Edit:   I'm going in with Ep 2 starting...now!

Edited by Harpospoke
  • Like 1

I finished episode 5 and wow this show is really great. I'll have to see how it ends but it'll end up as one of my favorites from Marvel (easily their best TV show I couldn't make it past a couple episodes of SHIELD or Carter)

• Like 1

Made it to Episode 7.   Got halfway through it before I had to sleep.     Ep 1-6 were amazing.   The acting of Scott Glen is derailing ep 7 a little bit for me.    I've never thought he could act and this isn't altering my opinion.   Got more specific praises (a lot) and gripes (very few) I'll save for later.