baumer

Monday #s IM3 11.26

• Founder / Operator

We agree on a lot of things red, but this is one time I absolutely can't back you up.

I'm not even the biggest fan of the ferry scene, and still think it should have been nominated. :P

• Founder / Operator

I'll agree The Reader shouldn't have gotten that spot, but TDK didn't deserve it either. The real snub IMHO was Nolan with Inception. At that point it started to feel like they were snubbing the guy because of jealousy or whatever.

That, I'll agree with.

• Like 1

my list too:

1- iron man 

2- the avengers

3-iron man 3

4-iron man 2

5-the dark knight

6- xmen 1

7-spiderman 2

8-the watchmen

9-thor 

10-superman II

now in my defense i'm not a comic book  fanatic, and i watched superhero films more like a GA person and liked them well enough in majority  and as much as i admire nolan's batman i don't go bonkers over them!

my fav superhero is IRON MAN aka tony stark ...i still remember the day i saw it in 08 i was blown-away and laughed myself silly afterwards thinking this guy is too much , he is so full of himself but such a badass i love it and promptly went to see it again the next day 

Edited by ladyevenstar22

I love Fincher but I think he applies the same tone to every project even if the material doesn't suit it. I think he was the wrong guy to direct Benjamin Button, plain and simple. I'd say someone like Robert Zemekis needed to direct that film, but he already made something awfully similar...

Pitt and Blanchett are excellent in it, though. 

I love Fincher but I think he applies the same tone to every project even if the material doesn't suit it. I think he was the wrong guy to direct Benjamin Button, plain and simple. I'd say someone like Robert Zemekis needed to direct that film, but he already made something awfully similar...

:wub: Blanchett deserved a nomination

• Like 2

Still haven't watched Benjamin Button. And I'm a big fan of Fincher and Pitt. People always make it seem like it's a chore to watch and that kinda puts me off.

It is too long, but still really good. You should definitely check it out if you're a fan of Fincher/Pitt.

• Like 1

Why? He already directed Forrest Gump, and Benjamin Button is like another Gump.

Edited by vc2002

It is too long, but still really good. You should definitely check it out if you're a fan of Fincher/Pitt.

It's never on TV and I rarely go to rental stores now since Redbox is 100x more convenient. I'll see it eventually, don't worry. :D

• Like 1

They re-released it in December for and Oscar push.

Shouldn't have too. Yeah, its a summer blockbuster, but arguably the best one in years at that. I'm glad Ledger got his nomination though.