baumer

Monday #s IM3 11.26

I love Fincher but I think he applies the same tone to every project even if the material doesn't suit it. I think he was the wrong guy to direct Benjamin Button, plain and simple. I'd say someone like Robert Zemekis needed to direct that film, but he already made something awfully similar...

Pitt and Blanchett are excellent in it, though. 

Actually, I think he was a pretty good choice because that sort of material requires a bit of coolness and distance, otherwise it gets really goopy.

• Like 1

Benjamin Button easily deserved best pic and director

You mean the remake of Forrest Gump?
  • Like 2

Gah, I feel so nostalgic right now. 2008 is the year when I really started to get into movies and joined the Box Office Mojo boards. 

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

There is a lot of truth to that. Zodiac came out at the beginning of the year and got 0 nominations as a result. Had it been released in November/December, it probably would have received more recognition.

Thats the only thing that annoys me about the awards. When it come to major categories, they act like November and December are the only months that exist. Its easy go to back and rewatch something from April.

• Like 3