Water Bottle

Game of Thrones (BOOK + TV) WARNING: SPOILERS [NO LEAKED EPISODE SPOILERS]

I am rooting for Dany (+Jon) but I think it's silly to assume she will ultimately sit the Throne in the end. I do hope that when she invades Westeros though that she will be dominant and be able to rule for a little while, until she is somehow removed. We can't have all that build-up for her to flop!

I am rooting for Dany (+Jon) but I think it's silly to assume she will ultimately sit the Throne in the end. I do hope that when she invades Westeros though that she will be dominant and be able to rule for a little while, until she is somehow removed. We can't have all that build-up for her to flop!

Yeah, now I have a feeling that she conquers Westeros but then decides to leave for Essos probably because Westeros is not an ideal place to raise dragons. The Targaryen dragons dwindled and perished in Westeros previously. Who's to say it won't happen again? Tyrion wonders why the Valyrian civilization, of which the Targaryens were a part of before fleeing towards Westeros, never conquered west of the tiny rock of Dragonstone. I think it's because the Valyrians were aware that Westeros is not a suitable land for magic and dragons, two things they were big on. It's possible that by the time Aegon Targaryen and his sisters were born, this ancient Valyrian knowledge was forgotten. Which is why they set out to conquer the Seven Kingdoms unlike any Targaryen or Valyrian before them.

Edited by Spidey Freak of Highgarden

Yeah, now I have a feeling that she conquers Westeros but then decides to leave for Essos probably because Westeros is not an ideal place to raise dragons. The Targaryen dragons dwindled and perished in Westeros previously. Who's to say it won't happen again? Tyrion wonders why the Valyrian civilization, of which the Targaryens were a part of before fleeing towards Westeros, never conquered west of the tiny rock of Dragonstone. I think it's because the Valyrians were aware that Westeros is not a suitable land for magic and dragons, two things they were big on. It's possible that by the time Aegon Targaryen and his sisters were born, this ancient Valyrian knowledge was forgotten. Which is why they set out to conquer the Seven Kingdoms unlike any Targaryen or Valyrian before them.

Did you read the princess and the queen they didn't so much as dwindle as boom in number then all die during the war seriously the Targeryan started with 3 by the time the DOD started they had like twenty then after the war there was three again

I haven't read TPatQ but even though the Dance wiped out quite a few of the dragons, there was no proper explanation as to why the surviving ones were always in poor health and couldn't give birth anymore for years after. Didn't more than three survive the war though?  

Only a few survived the war, some of them being riderless and went off into the wilds. There were some dragon eggs but no healthy adult dragons to lay more eggs. As far as we know, only 3 adult dragons survived the Dance. One was an untamed vicious beast, one had been flown far from Westeros by its rider, and we have no information on how long the third lived.

It's heavily suspected that in the aftermath of the Dance the maesters saw their chance and helped take out the remaining infant dragons through poison and science as well as contaminating the eggs. 

There's zero evidence in any of the stories that Westeros is intrinsically hostile to the lives of dragons. There is evidence that the Valyrians once invaded North of the wall and got their asses kicked by greenseers and wargs at least several hundred years before the Doom.

Edited by Numbers of House Stark
  • Like 2

It's not going to be Barristan. People believe that the letter Tywin is composing will arrive Episode 8, and this will cause Dany to discover Jorah's past spying. He'll either get kicked near the end of Episode 8 or early Episode 10.

may the lord of light bring back his wretched soul so he can finish writing the books 

that's my thinking if he dares to die on us !!!

and i don't even like the lord of light and his ilk the night is dark and full of terrors B.S.

Edited by Lady Daenerys SNOW-STARK

I'm positive it's Episode 9. Much bigger impact since it's a 100% Wall episode, plus all indications are that little archer farmboy is the one to do her in.

Plus rumor/consensus amongst Westeros.org posters is that Episode 10 will open with or have very early on Jon burning Ygritte on a funeral pyre.

Lol at the unnecessary changes/speed up made to the Sansa storyline. As I said in the TV thread, her making her true identity known screws things up for the relationship between Petyr Baelish and the Lannisters. It will be HIGHLY unconvincing if everyone in The Vale decides to keep mum on the fact that they are harboring a suspected co-conspirator in the murder of the King, especially when their own Lady Regent was killed under mysterious circumstances. Word has to get out to King's Landing one way or the other, no?

Only 3 lords and a random guard know the truth. That's not everyone and the fact that Sansa appears to have dyed her hair indicates only those lords at the trial will know for the time being. I presume once the Vale is fully behind Robin, the full Sansa reveal will happen, if some intervening hiccup doesn't happen (like the book theory about Sir Shadrich kidnapping her).

I forget, did Arya and the Hound announce themselves like that?

Nope, they never got close to the Bloody Gate because of Sandor's wound infection.

It was a very odd decision for the show, since it makes Arya getting to Braavos seem contrived (since she is nowhere near any of the ports in the area). Plus how is it that no one informed Littlefinger or anyone else important of their arrival (you'd think the Guard would say "She's dead, but her son is now in command so wait while I send word to him and his guardian).

Edited by Numbers of House Stark