Neo

Wednesday #'s (IM3 - 8.1M) (let the meltdown begin) 200M in 6 days!

It's going to shock some people, me? I refuse to under estimate walkups and families anymore on these Marvel movies.

yes considering the biggest Saturday in tickets sales is TA, Spider Man 1 and Spider Man 3, rather late to the party lol

Also considering Fast Five made 80-90 million for the 3-day, it should do 100 million for the 4-day easily and likely sell more tickets opening weekend for sure.

Overall no as Fast Six will not have great legs.

Edited by Lordmandeep

yes considering the biggest Saturday in tickets sales is TA, Spider Man 1 and Spider Man 3, rather late to the party lol

Late to the party? So you predicted $70m Saturday after TA Friday, and same with $62m for IM3? Right??? Show proof otherwise your response has no merit, those were shocks for all of us outside of BKB ESP with how frontloaded blockbusters have gotten since SM1, SM3 were released.

Late to the party? So you predicted $70m Saturday after TA Friday, and same with $62m for IM3? Right??? Show proof otherwise your response has no merit, those were shocks for all of us outside of BKB ESP with how frontloaded blockbusters have gotten since SM1, SM3 were released.

Well the thing is no one called 70 million or 60 million for TA and Im3 as those numbers were not even considered.

However I remember this weekend on Saturday while being wasted at a birthday I was telling all you debbie downers who were going on about "saying oh Saturday does not look good", saying Saturday was well up from Friday in his area.

Never thought it was that well up though on Saturday but Marvel movies have always increased from Friday Day business, and that is why I think IM3 will likely still cross 70 million this weekend as well due to the Saturday business.

Well the thing is no one called 70 million or 60 million for TA and Im3 as those numbers were not even considered. However I remember this weekend on Saturday while being wasted at a birthday I was telling all you debbie downers who were going on about "saying oh Saturday does not look good", saying Saturday was well up from Friday in his area.Never thought it was that well up though on Saturday but Marvel movies have always increased from Friday Day business, and that is why I think IM3 will likely still cross 70 million this weekend as well due to the Saturday business.

So what you basically are doing is backtracking... Guess you were late to the party (that no one attended but BKB and a couple others) as well

It will need around a 150-160% Friday increase to realistically get to 70m. Definitely not extremely difficult but that it is a noticeable improvement over TA's Friday increase (+135.8%).

Edited by blackspider

Were TA's weekdays as fun last year? 

Yes but for different reasons. People were pulling out spreadsheets showing where it was in relation to Avatar, TDK etc. It was fun. Especially with RTX giving his predictions of a free fall.

• Like 1

Last year it was fun with TA weekdays because we were all wondering if TA was going to be able to pull off a box office feat we thought was once impossibile currently.

Which was to have a 100 million 2nd weekend.

Last year it was fun with TA weekdays because we were all wondering if TA was going to be able to pull off a box office feat we thought was once impossibile currently.

Which was to have a 100 million 2nd weekend.

TA's first weekend surprised me (as it did everyone) but I distinctly remember by its first Sunday evening being 99% certain it would get that 100m second weekend. That helped salvage a fraction of my prediction ego.

Edited by Hatebox

So we are looking at another $8m tomorrow, I'm saying it has another near flat to marginal bump like the Mon-Tue we just saw. 

Going into the weekend with ballpark $212m. I'd wager IM3 is at about $273-280m after the weekend and by next Thursday bumping near $300m. +/-$5m

Not bad at all. It's then 3/4 of the way to $400m after 14days as STiD opens + Memorial Day on the horizon. 

I am still wondering with 7.8 million Thursday I am still seeing around 69-70 million weekend.

I think people go over board here.

Thats with 150% Friday, 50% increase Sat and  Sunday 30% drops

Think thats reasonable and most likely how the weekend will play out unless we listen to all of the mewling quims on this board. (omg  I would get in so much trouble If I actually say it the modern way)

Edited by Lordmandeep