#ED

Weekend Estimates - (BO.com forums <3 RTH)

That's why Brave made 240M. Because Pixar had killed its brand with Cars 2. Right. I like the 80% number too. Was there a scientific poll on people's goodwill toward Pixar that showed an 80% drop in overall view in the company between TS3 and after Cars 2?

It is telling that Pixar's lowest grosser in years succeeded its highest grosser ever though. What does that tell about Cars 2?

It is telling that Pixar's lowest grosser in years succeeded its highest grosser ever though. What does that tell about Cars 2?

Not popular. But so what? We know that already. Edited by lab276

I don't see Hangover 3 coming close to its predecessor considering the competition involved. I also see STID being a one-week film with a disappointing run. So I see those two being the biggest disappointments, if not outright bombs ala DS and Battleship last year. AE may end up surprising with a decent OW and run. Never underestimate Will power and M. Night, despite his record critic wise, only has one true bomb in "The Lady in the Water" so far.

STiD will make the majority of its money within the first two weeks of its run, which includes the Memorial Day holiday. That weekend pretty much helps all movies. It'll do just as good if not a little better than ST09 so I don't see how that can be considered a disappointment. It'll be no where near a bomb. The Hangover3 is the possible odd man out this month; though I think it will still do fine.

Again, and probably my final post on the matter -- difference between disappointment and flop. Flop = failure. Cars 2 wasn't a failure DOM, but it had high hopes and didn't come close to reaching them. And the fact that TS3 came the year before was irrelevant, just as Cars 2's shortcummings were irrelevant to Brave.

I don't see Hangover 3 coming close to its predecessor considering the competition involved. I also see STID being a one-week film with a disappointing run. So I see those two being the biggest disappointments, if not outright bombs ala DS and Battleship last year. AE may end up surprising with a decent OW and run. Never underestimate Will power and M. Night, despite his record critic wise, only has one true bomb in "The Lady in the Water" so far.

You think Hangover 3 will bomb?  I don't see how that is possible.  

• Like 2

I don't like to be one of those jackasses that brags about a very successful prediction, but I predicted Gatsby at exactly 52 million three weeks/a month ago when most people were predicting in the 20s. KAPPOYA KAPPOYA! Best prediction I've made since 2008

• Like 6

Not an out and out bomb but a disappointment in that it won't come close to TH2. 

Most third films don't.  There's a natural erosion that comes with it.  But this will almost certainly do 200/300 500 WW at the least.  Far from a disappointment.

I don't like to be one of those jackasses that brags about a very successful prediction, but I predicted Gatsby at exactly 52 million three weeks/a month ago when most people were predicting in the 20s. KAPPOYA KAPPOYA! Best prediction I've made since 2008

You should brag when you hit one.  When you miss, people are quick to point out that you miss, so when you hit, let everyone know.

• Like 6

Again, and probably my final post on the matter -- difference between disappointment and flop. Flop = failure. Cars 2 wasn't a failure DOM, but it had high hopes and didn't come close to reaching them. And the fact that TS3 came the year before was irrelevant, just as Cars 2's shortcummings were irrelevant to Brave.

Uh, I am pretty sure expecting it to make 200m DOM weren't exactly "high hopes". And TS3 releasing just the year before is relevant as Pixar is the studio which is most recognized by the GA as a unique brand of its own. The immense goodwill generated by Up and TS3 should have worked wonders for Cars 2 if it hadn't been so shitty.