#ED

Weekend Estimates - (BO.com forums <3 RTH)

Funny, I'm feeling the MOS hype BKB.  Maybe it's just that the trailer has really had an effect on me...plus I'm seeing aq lot of responses to Crowe when he tweets about it.  So I  can see where that is coming from....but nothing from ST.

Oh, I'm feeling like less than zero for MOS. No one's excited for it yet. 

I have this deep feeling that I can't shake that this will be a movie that will get underestimated. The general public loves the first one and I think they are going to love this one. I think this gets minimum of $120m 4 day.

Theres other factors you gotta look at other than the 1st being loved.

If MoS breaks out it will be due to what effect?Most certainly will not be any type of Snyder Effect.

Uhm, good origin effect? If MOS breaks out, it'll be just like IM1 then. A good superhero origin movie that GA embraces.

Or for you, I imagine it would be due to Nolan Effect  ;)

• Like 3

Snyder is holding me back from getting on the MoS bandwagon. His movie trailers are usually better than the movies themselves and that's a problem.

I agree to some extent. I'm really excited for MOS but Watchmen is one of the biggest disappointments I can remember in terms of quality. Now when I see that trailer (which I really don't anymore) I hate it. Visuals impressive, usually but everything after that is up in the air.
  • Like 1

It'll open to what ST09 made in it's OW, made 10M more, but no way this movie breaks 100M OW.. No way and much like you, I'm not feeling this either and for that matter, throw MOS in there as well...

You are boring and predictable. Of course you don't "feel" any movie that doesn't star a Marvel superhero.

Hey, Marvel is the smart bet these days.

But for BKB its like this:

Marvel

Everything else (should have been put lower).

Under predicts so much in elevating Marvel on a pedestal, that is BKB's downfall.

But for BKB its like this:Marvel Everything else (should have been put lower). Under predicts so much in elevating Marvel on a pedestal, that is BKB's downfall.

He's been somewhat right on a couple movies and that's why he'll continue to do this. He said TDKR for a while would be under $400m. Who knows what would have happened if not for James Holmes.

He's been somewhat right on a couple movies and that's why he'll continue to do this. He said TDKR for a while would be under $400m. Who knows what would have happened if not for James Holmes.

Was it under 400M?

But BKB didn't make those predictions based on actual analysis and careful thought. He made those predictions based on "OMg1MArvElRulezzzEVERyThing11!!!MARVELdaBESTEVAH!".  It just happened that things happened as he predicted them. That's why he will continue predicting things like "Ant-Man will outgross Avatar 2, Star Wars VII, and JLA combined. I mean, duh! It's MARVEL, bitches!"

• Like 2

No I mean on TA, and IM3. Over predicted IM2 though obv

Not sure ever put a solid predict one always gives ranges for predicts. Could be wrong, but don't remember seeing solid #'s once. A lot of us here called IM3 over 1B and 400M+