#ED

Weekend Estimates - (BO.com forums <3 RTH)

I haven't read the other pages yet, I saw on Mojo IM3 couldn't crack $20M, is there a meltdown?

Not really.  For the most part, barring the usual folks going into hysterics, most folks are happy that two films can coexist and post good numbers (for Gatsby, great numbers).

• Like 1

When you guys were in high school was The Great Gatsby like the book generally everyone hated and nobody wanted to read?

I think most high school students just don't wanna read period. :lol: We all have to though.

When you guys were in high school was The Great Gatsby like the book generally everyone hated and nobody wanted to read?

From what i've heard it's the least hated of the books, but it's still hated.

Nobody hated it, but nobody really tried to read it. We Sparknoted, etc. I didn't read it, I just listened very closely to my teacher and listened in our group discussions and I made an A on everything.

• Like 1

Gatsby was forced on us in America Schools.  I liked "Lord of the Files" more personally, lol. It's an American Classic though.  

Oh god, I hated Lord of the Flies. 

Gatsby was forced on us in America Schools.  I liked "Lord of the Files" more personally, lol. It's an American Classic though.  

My friends hated LOTF haha. They hated even having to carry the book around with them.

Just realized, Gatsby raining on IM3's parade was a huge space and time travelling scheme on Loki's part. After being humiliated by the Avengers, Loki transferred his soul to Earth and sent it back almost 90 years to possess Scott Fitzgerald, compelling him to write The Great Gatsby, in anticipation of what would happen in Summer 2013.

And HERE is the face of the despicable perpetrator of this diabolical act-

Posted Image

Familiar much?  :o

Just realized, Gatsby raining on IM3's parade was a huge space and time travelling scheme on Loki's part. After being humiliated by the Avengers, Loki transferred his soul to Earth and sent it back almost 90 years to possess Scott Fitzgerald, compelling him to write The Great Gatsby, in anticipation of what would happen in Summer 2013.

And HERE is the face of the despicable perpetrator of this diabolical act-

Posted Image

Familiar much?  :o

Is that from that Woody Allen movie?

Yes, frontloading gets worse and worse each year. So even if it had a similar multiplier to SM3 for instance, it would be an indicator of better WOM than SM3. If SM3 came out today, it would have a 2.0 or worse. IM3 faces a lot stiffer competition than IM2 did and frontloading is worse in 2013 than 2010, so if it matches that multiplier it would be a pretty solid result. $425m would be a pretty good total.

how many excuses you guys will invent?

and no no no, in 2013 SM3 would still have the same multiplier

We're studying post-modern poetry right now and jesus fuck that shit sucks. 

"Leaf in the wind

telex machine 95

whispers

its all true"

or something like that. Its driving me mad.

Pretty much. But I do love the setting and can't wait to see this new version.  I love the clothing jewels cars mansions etc. I bet it looks really good. LOL even though the story is full of awful people.

Edited by ECSTASY

Yep, Midnight in Paris the best movie ever. Tom Hiddleston was F. Scott Fitzgerald and Alison Pill was Zelda Fitzgerald

Yeah I saw that movie. I really enjoyed it while they were back in the period settings. The present day setting was kind of weak.