#ED

Weekend Estimates - (BO.com forums <3 RTH)

Kudos to everyone who predicted the 160%+ jump for IM3. I had been saying from the beginning that it's playing well with families and this jump proves it again.  :D  :D  :D

TDKR made just over $64m in its second weekend, since we are talking about the second biggest OW since The Avengers here, I'd say that IM3 is playing way more than fine with families, it's a 4 quadrant juggernaut. Iron Man 3 making this kind of numbers after TA is nothing short of legendary. Earth's Mightiest Avenger indeed. :D

Saturday jump will be near 50% and Sunday drop of 30%. Also, it's Mothers day on Sunday so hold should be strong. :)

72M weekend

Thanks Druv  :D

I hope we're gonna be surprised by the Sat number again like last week, 32M or so would be really nice. Too greedy?  :P

TDKR made just over $64m in its second weekend, since we are talking about the second biggest OW since The Avengers here, I'd say that IM3 is playing way more than fine with families, it's a 4 quadrant juggernaut. Iron Man 3 making this kind of numbers after TA is nothing short of legendary. Earth's Mightiest Avenger indeed. :D

May is different from July ...

• Like 3

IM3 is basically playing like a kids movie at this point.

Ergo- 

20.2m 

31.3m Saturday (55%) 

21.9m Sunday (-30%) 

73.4m weekend (-57.9%) 

Gatsby (which I think will end up on the high end of RTH's estimate) 

19m 

18.5m Saturday (20% w/o previews, -2.6% with previews) 

14.4m Sunday (-22%... Mother's Day!) 

51.9m weekend 

• Like 4

Guessing a 55% Sat  jump.

If its playing like a family movie like its been showing, I'm expecting a little bigger bump maybe high 60 to low 70.. Of course I'll be setting myself up for a bit of a disappointment but its going in the right direction at least.

Alrite I've been at work for the past 8 hours. Anyone wanna update what's been going on?

We pulled a bunch of numbers out of our ass all afternoon and now rth has saved us all said said IM is at 20 million and Gatsby is at 17-19 million. 

Alrite I've been at work for the past 8 hours. Anyone wanna update what's been going on?

Rth: im3 20.2~20.5, GG 17.5~19, up or down depends on the west coast.