filmnerdjamie

Wednesday Numbers (05/15)(Trek 3.25M early IMAX+midnts, GG 3.9, IM3 3.8)

My Boxoffice forecast for the weekend:

Friday morning: Meltdown

Saturday morning: Hope

Sunday Morning: Orgasm

It's gonna be a fun weekend. 

you're expecting a huge jump on Saturday?

I suppose it's possible, since the Friday number will be deflated by not being the actual OD.

you're expecting a huge jump on Saturday?

I suppose it's possible, since the Friday number will be deflated by not being the actual OD.

I'm expecting it to perform much, much better on actual weekend, than on Thursday. But I also think, that it's not going to be the 125m opener everyone expected maybe not even 100m. Marketing for Star Trek wasn't really good and maybe 4 years was 1 year to long for the sequel. Everybody was hyped up for the movie back in 2009, feels like nobody is now.

Edited by Poseidon

It's her introduction. Geez, not everyone needs to be oh so super important to the plot!

Of course, that's part of the problem with trying to make Trek a movie frnachise instead of the tv franchise that it actually is. Characters like Chekov and McCoy jusy don't get the screen time they need.

She'll be in the sequels that follow where they will probably go into her relationship with Kirk.

my guess for STXIII:

This is a great way to set up a major character that can be killed off to add some major gravitas to the Klingon threat. Since it's too early for Kirk to have a son, they're going to have to kill Carol instead. Just so Kirk can have some righteous Klingon-hatred.

I'm expecting it to perform much, much better on actual weekend, than on Thursday. But I also think, that it's not going to be the 125m opener everyone expected maybe not even 100m. Marketing for Star Trek wasn't really good and maybe 4 years was 1 year to long for the sequel. Everybody was hyped up for the movie back in 2009, feels like nobody is now.

Didn't ST(09) perform well because of a lot of families?  I vaguely recall it doing well into the summer during weekdays.  If families come out this weekend, since they've all already seen IM3, it could have good Saturday numbers. 

Speaking of which,

Posted Image

I don't get this trend...

Well, maybe my meme is not a spoiler then.  If that image is readily available, and seen by many, then do you think it is not a spoiler?

Well, maybe my meme is not a spoiler then.  If that image is readily available, and seen by many, then do you think it is not a spoiler?

Nah. I even saw a clip of Kirk talking to him in the cell on a talk show. 

• Like 1

Didn't ST(09) perform well because of a lot of families?  I vaguely recall it doing well into the summer during weekdays.  If families come out this weekend, since they've all already seen IM3, it could have good Saturday numbers. 

Yeah, I think it should do well with families.

Some mentioned Transformers 3, some mentioned Shrek 2 with backloaded performances.I remember how everybody was disappointed with Iron Man 2s midnights in 2010 and it still went on to some huge business.