CJohn

Ferdinand | 12/15/17 | Blue Sky - JOHN CENA IS FERDINAND

36 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Maybe some of the employees could be rehired at WDAS or Pixar.

The studio is based in Connecticut, so that'll be a problem. But in all honesty, why would Disney get rid of an animation studio, and create negative PR in doing so, when they can capitalize on having three successful animation studios, and create even more potential hit franchises?

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, ReyReyBattery said:

I hate this movie.

I don't usually prejudge, but taking a children's book which was very adequarely filmed at ten minutes in a classic Disney short and bloating it up to a nearly two  hour feature film sound to me, frankly, as a lot of bull.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

Ehh...

Ice Age and Rio are popular enough properties Disney would likely want to exploit. If anything, having the marketing muscle of Disney would probably make their movies gross more money than what they currently do.

Question is it cheaper just to grab the franchises and turn them over to Disney Animation then keep the overhead expense of separate studio, which. let's face it, has only one really successful franchise to it's name.

Just now, dudalb said:

Question is it cheaper just to grab the franchises and turn them over to Disney Animation then keep the overhead expense of separate studio, which. let's face it, has only one really successful franchise to it's name.

Disney has bigger fresher franchises. Like Zootopia. Why would they need Blue Sky's?

The fact that It's not trash is probably the biggest surprise of the season for me.

Arriving in theaters a mere month after “Coco,” “Ferdinand” might feel less culturally engaged than Pixar’s colorful celebration of Mexico’s Día de Muertos, although it should be noted that of the two, it’s the one with a Latino director (Saldanha hails from Brazil), while the ensemble boasts its share of Hispanic actors (including Gina Rodriguez and Gabriel Iglesias as two-thirds of a hedgehog trio, Bobby Cannavale in the role of Valiente, and Miguel Ángel Silvestre as retiring matador El Primero).

But everyone who had voicework in Coco (Besides John) was Mexican so IDK what they're trying to say.

53 minutes ago, Morieris said:

The fact that It's not trash is probably the biggest surprise of the season for me.

But everyone who had voicework in Coco (Besides John) was Mexican so IDK what they're trying to say.

When the main actor is a white man, I'm not sure casting a bunch of latino actors in minor roles is really all that enlightened.  Coco definitely had stronger Latino representation.  But that's not even really the point, since Ferdinand takes place in Spain and Spain=/= Latino so what does the director being Latino (from Brazil, which is one of the Latin-American countries that is NOT Hispanic) have to do with anything anyway?

Edited by Sal
  • Like 1