theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

What overly optimistic predictions do you mean? If it gets around 110m for the 4 day it will come within spitting distance of or pass 300, which is where most of us pegged it.

At this point 300 would be win for Paramount.

That's okay, but even with the most generous multiplier one can reasonably give it STD isn't going to come near any of the overly-optimistic predictions made here. And it's not going to get a generous multiplier, not with FF6 and THIII waiting in the wings to cut its legs off like Leatherface on a bender. 

Oh a Starkanite.

• Like 1

From HSX:

Going to be bump, if not a significant bump for TREK2 on Saturday 

Posted by: nilephelan on May 17, 23:45

I'm looking at numbers right now and multiple theaters in my chain are going to be very strong for Saturday, much stronger than Friday from what it looks like right now.  

Matinees are filling up or full already across the board and Evening shows are mostly sold out at this point.  I think it is going to make it to $100 million for the 4 day.  

Posted Image

• Like 1

How the HELL do they know the Saturday numbers already? It's still Friday night!! :ph34r:

If they work for a theater, you can just look up your tickets sold for the next day.  I do it all the time.

I remember when Cars 2 came out, we had the first 2D showing sold out the night before.  That was crazy. 

Don't call me ignorant, but where can I find RTH early numbers?

Only numbers we have so far are for STID:

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/10204-friday-numbers-stid-25m-27m-nikki-26-28m-rth-predictable-friday-p/page-35#entry802992

Still on the cards probably now 26-28, it seems to be doing better WC then EC, so might get strong evening trade in WC and Can seem to be doing well, see how it goes, try give update later up/down
the 21-23 BOG had don't know where got that from it was tracking even earlier today much higher 

Only numbers we have so far are for STID:

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/10204-friday-numbers-stid-25m-27m-nikki-26-28m-rth-predictable-friday-p/page-35#entry802992

Still on the cards probably now 26-28, it seems to be doing better WC then EC, so might get strong evening trade in WC and Can seem to be doing well, see how it goes, try give update later up/down
the 21-23 BOG had don't know where got that from it was tracking even earlier today much higher 

Thanks.

Stop being so ignorant. His numbers are in this topic's title...  ;)

I Know, I only wanted to know where the post was because I wanted to read his exact words

Edited by Filmovie

Think I'm just going to give up on working out STid,  looks like BOG earlier est he got 21-23m is more on the cards, strange but still it happens, I can't see anything drastically happening to increase it

Stid 21-23, IM3 9.2, TGG 7.4

• Like 6