baumer

Tuesday Numbers stid 6.8-9, IM3 2.8, TGG 2.8

Because it looks like he and others are ganging up on me to make me look like i`m hating on SW so that I get banned from another forum. I`m not hating on SW, I just think it`s overpredicted. I`m not cuasing trouble.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Because it looks like he and others are ganging up on me to make me look like i`m hating on SW so that I get banned from another forum. I`m not hating on SW, I just think it`s overpredicted. I`m not cuasing trouble.

No one said you were causing trouble... 

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

They strongly implied. maldoon and Michael strongly implied. I`m not stupid. It`s obivous what`s going on.

You need to relax, fish. Nothing's "going on".

• Like 3

Because ROTS, even though regarded as the best prequel, still didn't measure up to the original trilogy in the opinion of a lot of moviegoers and fans.

You can't disregard the one important fact that is relevant to the conversation. The prequels pulled massive numbers despite not being universally loved. That's exactly how powerful the Star Wars brand is: even when it's at its worst quality-wise, it still makes huge bank. What other franchise can say that?

I think Superman is a mini version of this.   SR was also not well-loved and it made over 200 million domestic.   That's not Star Wars power, but it's better than most super heroes can say.

SW7 will be interesting for sure.   Is it possible the lack of Vader and possible ill will from the prequels could hold its box office down?   Or will the public be hungry for more Star Wars and excited about Disney being at the helm (i.e.....some may think Lucas is not going to be able to ruin it) .

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

I think Superman is a mini version of this.   SR was also not well-loved and it made over 200 million domestic.   That's not Star Wars power, but it's better than most super heroes can say.

SW7 will be interesting for sure.   Is it possible the lack of Vader and possible ill will from the prequels could hold its box office down?   Or will the public be hungry for more Star Wars and excited about Disney being at the helm (i.e.....some may think Lucas is not going to be able to ruin it) .

The lack of Vader is a great point. My gut tells me the sheer hype and excitement of another Star Wars movie will mostly counter his absence. Basically on a smaller scale as what happened with Phantom Menace (where hype overshadowed disappointing word of mouth).

Beyond that, it's all about what story and characters they come up with for this new set of movies.

Things are weird since I have no internet and have to use my phone to go online, surprisingly I'm doing ok not being on my laptop a lot, I'm less incline to browse for hours on the phone plus battery dies quickly within the hour if I'm browsing! The good side I'm not subjecting myself to constant negativity over star trek numbers , I hope to watch it again this weekend if I'm free and if 2D available!