baumer

Weekend Actuals (BD1 138.122)

So DH2 is in somem major trouble next year?

No. The first Potter sold 50 million tickets. Every film after that (for the most part) declined in ticket sales. The audience came back for the last one. Twilight has been consistently consistent since NM. The audience hasn't abandoned the series. The most I think BD2 can do, barring 3D, is 315 mill, and to me that is the very most. I expect it to hit 305-308.

I mean OD/OW wise.

It won't come close to 90/170. Potter had 3D, BD won't. And I don't think there is any chance it does much more OD than what it already has. 80 millOD? Maybe. But 75 seems more likely to me.

Twilights fan base watches the movies and they have reached an apex... Harry potter still has a decent amount of fans all over the US who didn't even bother with any movies after the first if they even watched that. Plus as already been stated there was a 10 year build up to tht finale, an adventure leading to a climatic end like LotR. Twilight doesn't have that scale of appeal to the point where the numbers will go up significantly like DH2. BD2 will still have a chance at beating TDK opening weekend record and possibly touching HP1 domestic number.

BD2 will be the last chapter of the series right? Wouldn't that be one major finale factor like the one on DH2?

It's all been over and done with in just 4 years. Most series have at most two films out in the same time period, this one had FIVE. No one is interested in these films outside of the fanbase. It'll do similar numbers to NM, Eclipse and BD part 1.