CJohn

Thursday Numbers | The Hangover 3 - 11.8M (includes WED night) | FF6 - 6.5M (previews + midnights)

I just checked to see how that theater was doing. TH3 had 0 sellouts from that one and about half the amount of showtimes Fast 6 ended up getting.

Yep. So true.

Logic on this forum? lol

True enough, iron man 3 previews IM3s going to make 65m OD and 190m OW! Matinees holy cow it's bombing we may not hit 50m, less then 140m OW late friday oh thank god it's RTH 58m is so much better.Then star trek and now this it's just becoming ridiculous how much difficulty we put ourselves through haha. Though I guess these forums wouldn't be the amazing place this is if there was logic involved :wub: Edited by Mattrek
  • Like 1

And as much as I want the hangover to fail it could easily rebound tomorrow, let's not write its obituary yet. We did that last week and look at what happened. If after tomorrow it doesn't gross a lot then we can get a good picture of what the weekend looks like.

I expect it to rebound and perform somewhat okay over long weekend. That said, I bet the $14M estimate's too high by $3M+. And, with Fast, I don't want to get carried away, but I'm really feeling $110M+ possibly as high as $120M for the four-day.

What reports are you referring to? It's not doing IM3 preview numbers. I do see more sell outs in Southern CA for previews than I saw for IM3. That's my own personal observation.

Box office sources, notfabio, personal accounts, twitter etc.

Did some sellout tracking of my own before and after I got back from seeing (the amazing) Fast Six, and guys....... holy shit. Lets not get too hyped this early, but this movie looks to be doing fucking NUMBERS right now. In terms of sellouts, it's actually outpacing IM3. No way will it go that high, but based just on Regal and some AMC sellouts, it's making money like a mofo.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Soo... Too many pages to read.. What's been happenin?

Bruce Almighty's early numbers look great, Matrix Reloaded's WOM is killing it.

Oh, wait...

• Like 8

Hey, there was no logic in predicting 300 would do 70/200 or that Alvin would do 200, so we really do never 100% know what's going to happen.

But no matter how bad our predictions end up, at least we're not weather forecasters in South Africa:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/weather/9010030/South-Africa-weather-forecasters-threatened-with-jail-if-predictions-wrong.html

• Like 2

Did some sellout tracking of my own before and after I got back from seeing (the amazing) Fast Six, and guys....... holy shit. Lets not get too hyped this early, but this movie looks to be doing fucking NUMBERS right now. In terms of sellouts, it's actually outpacing IM3. No way will it go that high, but based just on Regal and some AMC sellouts, it's making money like a mofo.

I need receipts. It didn't have any sell outs at the Regal theaters in NYC.