#ED

4-Day Wknd Est: FF6 - 120M; TH3 - 51.2M; STID - 47M; Epic - 42.6M; IM3 - 24.3M; TGG - 17M

Except that AE seems to be more focused on his son, and I don't think he's a factor at all.

Though it's too early to really predict it but i think Jaden Smith is a draw in the making when it comes to action movies.

He is still very young but you can't say that he didn't contributed to the success of 'The Karate Kid'.  I think associated with his father he can draw not only families and fans of Will Smith but children too.  To a lesser extent 'The Pursuit of Happyness' made it special because of him playing opposite his father.  There is a certain interest watching a father and his child playing in the same movie. 

I wouldn't rule out that movie doing massive business abroad. because of the Smith versus Smith connection with a Jaden Smith who is becoming a teen putting his acting fingerprints more effectively than when he was a child

Edited by Ent

Though it's too early to really predict it but i think Jaden Smith is a draw in the making when it comes to action movies.

He is still very young but you can't say that he didn't contributed to the success of 'The Karate Kid'.  I think associated with his father he can draw not only families and fans of Will Smith but children too.  To a lesser extent 'The Pursuit of Happyness' made it special because of him playing opposite his father.  There is a certain interest watching a father and his child playing in the same movie. 

I wouldn't rule out that movie doing massive business abroad. because of the Smith versus Smith connection with a Jaden Smith who is becoming a teen putting his acting fingerprints more effectively than when he was a child

You make valid points, so fair enough.  We shall see! 

• Like 1

Revised 3-Day and 4-Day estimates starting to come in now:

The Hangover III -- $41.78 m (3) / $51.22 m (4) / $63.00 m (5)

Epic -- $33.5 m (3) / $42.6 m (4)Iron Man 3 -- $19.21 m (3) / $24.35 m (4)The Great Gatsby -- $13.62 m (3) / $17.02 m (4)

Edited by JarJarBinks
  • Like 2

Ah, so that's why Universal didn't fudge the $100m ow headlines, they knew $98.5m was prob even going to be high. Too bad everything dropped, maybe the holds today will be a little better and make up for it.

sunday looking like

FF6 26-27.2m,Stid 12.5-13,THO3 12-12.5,Epic 10,IM3 6.4,TGG 4.5

For reference, here are studios' estimates for Sunday

FF6: 28.8

STiD: 13.58

THO3: 13.2

Epic: 11.48

IM3: 6.8

TGG: 4.6

Courtesy from Sam

Edited by Ent

Gitesh Pandya ‏@giteshpandya 3m

#Hangover3 opens to $63M in 5days, $51.2M over FRI-MON. Final gross prob wont even reach holiday opening of H2.

With OS numbers, Warner will still make money. Too bad, HO2 still leaves a bad taste for some and they should not feature a supporting character (Chow) too much in the third.

Those Sunday estimated holds were extremely generous so I am surprised things didn't fall further than they did. That being said, everything is still amazing with the exception of course of HO3 who is mediocre at best.

Awesome that we have great numbers to track again.