#ED

4-Day Wknd Est: FF6 - 120M; TH3 - 51.2M; STID - 47M; Epic - 42.6M; IM3 - 24.3M; TGG - 17M

Too bad that Flopever will benefit from FF6 soldouts. And that will be the only reason when Flopover 3 turns out to hold much better through the weekend than most think.

Now I know why WB insisted to put Flopover 3 here. They always knew they will get benefit.

Now I know why WB insisted to put Flopover 3 here. They always knew they will get benefit.

2 years ago TH2 broke out on this date and did better then expected. Fast 6 was actually thought to be number 2 this weekend when it was announced on this date.

Why is it a bigger disappointment when a movie that deserves to do lesser numbers does?

What I meant to say is that Hangover 3 is a disappoinment (based on early numbers) compared to the second one, which had $103M in its 4-day portion.

I don't usually brag about a call, but when the rare occasion comes that I get one right I do want to point it out to make up for my other failures :P

Guys lets not go overboard here. 7m midnights should be the goal and 105-110m 4 day. If we inflate expectations so much were all going to view it as a disappointment when the numbers come in. It's doing fantastic, but nowhere close IM3 levels. I want this to succeed more then anyone, but let's not lose our logic.

Logic is your friend :) Right on track for this weekend.

2 years ago TH2 broke out on this date and did better then expected. Fast 6 was actually thought to be number 2 this weekend when it was announced on this date.

Fast 6 claimed the spot first. When Hangover 3 claimed the spot afterwards, based on the lackluster perception of the second one, it was essentially a crap shoot as to which would win.

Fast 6 claimed the spot first. When Hangover 3 claimed the spot afterwards, based on the lackluster perception of the second one, it was essentially a crap shoot as to which would win.

Ooops I thought TH3 got it first. Maybe I'm just thinking of what the TH2 fanboys were saying constantly....:P

Variety, THR, and Deadline are in sync with each other as all three project 35M today and 100M for the 4-Day.

And that's occurred with every single one of the new Fast series openings and every time the west coast blows up and it increases 5m+ from first estimates. You would think they would learn by now, but I guess not.

And that's occurred with every single one of the new Fast series openings and every time the west coast blows up and it increases 5m+ from first estimates. You would think they would learn by now, but I guess not.

Not only west coast...

Ghetto theaters going wild for this film around here. 

Then that would put it at 40M to give us 100M over three days.

I'm most interested in Trek; I think it can have a fantastic hold regardless of competition since it apparently aims older and Hangover's too busy being an actual flop to steal its audience.

• Like 1