baumer

4 and 3 day Actuals thread (Memorial Weekend 2013)

I hope FF6 defy the odds and drop close to 55%

Likely won't have that impressive of a hold, but considering it's 3-day total likely would've been $100M+ if it opened on a true weekend given many could and did wait until Memorial day to see it, I don't expect the drop to appear as harsh. Just as it didn't for Trek 2 given it opened on a Thursday with Wednesday sneaks. I imagine had it not the OW would've been higher $75M. Likely close to $80M.

FF has a pretty much set pattern for drops so I doubt FF6 will defy the trend so much.  I still see a drop in the 60 range.  Now THO3 I was thinking 60 was a collapse, damn I'm thinking it drops like Bruno 72.6%.  

Hangover III was topped by both Trek and Epic on Monday, and had the biggest drop among wide releases. Definitely not a good sign for legs.

This has been a pretty awesome weekend for the most part though. FF6's weekend is incredible, Epic overperformed, and STID, IM3, and Gatsby all had very good holds.

I'll go ahead and put it out there, FF6 will probably have a 60%+ drop next weekend. And when that happens I think we should all just remember that this is pretty normal for the franchise, and it is still a huge hit.