#ED

Weekend Estimate #s FF6: 34.5 NYSM 27.8 AE: 27.3 TH3: 15.9

Was hoping for a little more for Fast 6 yesterday because that number is lower than Fast Five's second Friday, so hopefully it makes up more ground today. Are weekdays in general just weaker nowadays for films?

Fast 5 open in april. F6 May with massive competition. Im not complaining Considering that universal right now is like..

Fast Six
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $146,340,000  36.1%Foreign:  $259,400,000  63.9% = Worldwide:  $405,740,000

Posted Image

Edited by Dragon

You could argue the first one's performance was hindered by the bad release date. The next one has very little competition with the best release date for a big opening. I think it makes around $300-325m.

I guess it depends a lot on the film itself. If it's awful, I wouldn't even rule out a slight drop/staying flat. If it's much better than the first, then 300m is definitely in play.

• Like 1

Yep people on here always take out the hate for a film in a totally illogical manner.

ASM was not great but IMDB rating for it is okay, and it being the starting film of the summer gives it a huge advantage....

Looking at the release date and lack of overseas competition the film will increase a lot overseas. 

I am seeing 300/600 for it 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

I guess it depends a lot on the film itself. If it's awful, I wouldn't even rule out a slight drop/staying flat. If it's much better than the first, then 300m is definitely in play.

I don't even think it needs to be much better. Just similar quality and it should have a pretty solid increase, simply due to the release date issue. TDKR pretty much killed ASM1 and it was a bad decision by Sony to release it when they did.

Before we've seen anything from next summer's slate, I'd personally like to give HTTYD2 the edge when it comes to predicting the highest grossing film, simply because of the goodwill from the original. 

In a summer as unimpressive as 2014's I'd say this is a wise prediction. It seriously looks like the worst summer box-office wise in over a decade. Absolutely abysmal. In all likelihood save for HTTYD2 I can see nothing else passing 300m domestic.

You could argue the first one's performance was hindered by the bad release date. The next one has very little competition with the best release date for a big opening. I think it makes around $300-325m.

I agree that it's a great release date and TASM2 has the potential to increase to the $300M range, but there's one movie people are forgetting: Captain America The Winter Soldier. That movie opens just a month before TASM2, and if it turns out to be huge, it will steal a lot of thunder from TASM2. Not only because it will be a big movie, but it will be able to take credit for being the first big superhero movie of the year.

On the other hand, there's a chance that CATWS will be a much more serious "political thriller" as some people have described it. If it has a much more serious tone, then perhaps Spidey could be good counter marketing for it, if TASM2 ads are full of big bright shiny action set pieces and a bunch of funny Spidey-quips.

• Like 2