#ED

Weekend Estimate #s FF6: 34.5 NYSM 27.8 AE: 27.3 TH3: 15.9

@giteshpandya: Source tells me #AfterEarth heading to about $8-9M FRI which would put wknd in mid 20s. That's Battleship territory.

Aww man, went from maybe not $20m to mid 20s...guess $19m was just too crazy (awesome) :lol:

The hype train, fueled by misguiding and lying trailers.

Sorry. I don't get it.

First, I think it's you who assumed the "hype" makes this a masterpiece. Second, what do you mean 'misguiding' and 'lying' trailers? This is MOS not IRON MAN lll.

Sorry. I don't get it.

First, I think it's you who assumed the "hype" makes this a masterpiece. Second, what do you mean 'misguiding' and 'lying' trailers? This is MOS not IRON MAN lll.

Don't take my posts on MOS seriously, I have seen nothing from MOS except the gifs in signatures from this site.

I don't watch trailers from big tentpoles I know I will end up seeing.

Discovering all the money shots in a theater is priceless.

I am rooting for the film as everybody else and I am just having fun with the whole hype train thing.

Except this would not be on him.  His name was nowhere to be found in the marketing.  This is all on The Smith Clan.  They wrote it and produced it and starred in it.  His whole family had their hands in it.  So MNS will get a pass on this one.

I didn't know MNS was involved in this at all until I read this thread.  Funny thing is, there was a Inside Look featurette about AE that ran in front of Oz and IM3, it interviewed another Smith family member who served as producer,  but not once did it even allude to Shyalaman.

Stop posting on a movie site, get back to us tomorrow.You are on hiatus till then. ;)Seriously though....how does that happen?

LOL, i was maybe 5 when 6S came out and 8 think with Signs. Back then all i watched was animated movies and select others, horrors and thrillers werent in my watch list. Now that im older i could, but I dont want to buy the movie on Amazon or what not and they NEVER come on TV. If theyre on Netflix i should be able to watch come August since ill be getting netflix again. Even when i would rent movies at blockbuster, it was still only animated movies and 90's kids movies. One day though, one day I'll watch them!! Edited by jandrew

This is all good news for MoS who won't be competing with strong holdovers!

In fairness even if AE had opened well it's main money would've been those first two weekends.

MoS still would've had the weekend as being the main draw. 

I think instead what this means is the action fan hasn't had a good film since Fast 6 now, so they are likely to come out in force a bit stronger now if perhaps they had been iffy before...because they want an action film. MoS looks to truly deliver on that. 

Don't take my posts on MOS seriously, I have seen nothing from MOS except the gifs in signatures from this site.

I don't watch trailers from big tentpoles I know I will end up seeing.

Discovering all the money shots in a theater is priceless.

I am rooting for the film as everybody else and I am just having fun with the whole hype train thing.

lol...I even hunt spoilers on Twitter. So difficult to resist. 11 days for me.

LOL, i was maybe 5 when 6S came out and 8 think with Signs. Back then all i watched was animated movies and select others, horrors and thrillers werent in my watch list. Now that im older i could, but I dont want to buy the movie on Amazon or what not and they NEVER come on TV. If theyre on Netflix i should be able to watch come August since ill be getting netflix again. Even when i would rent movies at blockbuster, it was still only animated movies and 90's movies. One day though, one day I'll watch them!!

Thank you for reminding me of my age vs you whipper snappers.  :lol:

• Like 2

lol...I even hunt spoilers on Twitter. So difficult to resist. 11 days for me.

Then as you hunt for spoilers you see "Kayu stop hunting!" (That be kind of creepy really)

• Like 1