#ED

Weekend Estimate #s FF6: 34.5 NYSM 27.8 AE: 27.3 TH3: 15.9

Signs is absolutely incredible until we find out that the aliens are weak against water. Really? Water is the universal solcent...and Earth is 78% water...I bet sales for water guns increased following tge movie.

That still not as bad as the aliens in Battleship being weak against the sun....and invading Hawaii.
  • Like 7

I agree that SIGNS is pretty great until the end. It's not just the water reveal, though: it's also the awkward religious message/arc for Joachim Phoenix's character. He needs God to tell him to swing? Really?

Swing away, Tele.Tele...swing away.
  • Like 2

I loved "Signs", until they killed the movie by showing the Aliens in full scale and made them so...stupid.

The scene you see the aliens leg disappearing in the corn field is one of the best scary movie scenes of all time.

Same for "The Village". Could have been good, but that Twist made the movie so much smaller that it looked before.

And I have to admit, that I liked "The Happening" and some of the Ideas. It's a scary scenario, with better writing it could have been great.

"Lady in the Water" is just...boring.

"The last Airbender" is the only movie, that I would call really, really, really awfully bad.

The rest is some sort of Anti-Hype that somehow surrounds Shyamalan-movies. They wouldn't be reviewed THAT bad, if the same movies were made by another director.

But back to topic: 20m would be absolutely embarassing, really. Can't believe that,

I agree with everyone that Signs is a really good movie until the end. It is a well-written story , very well-directed, the acting is pretty good and the movie has your full attention.until the very end. To be honest, if you want a happy ending then there isn't much you can do with movies like this.  It is difficult to come up with non-cheesy and realistic ending for apocalyptic movies. See War Of The Worlds.

• Like 1

The problem with THE VILLAGE is that it's basically a first-act stretched out to feature length. You could argue fairly convincingly that the real story begins after the revelation.

The reveal of the elders being the monsters and then the actual designs of the monsters took me straight out of the movie. By the time it got to the twist at the end I didn't care enough about it to make a big stink.

Lady in the Water is sooo stupid. Shyamalan cast himself as a writer whose work completely changes the world for the better. Hahahah, really buddy?Btw, autocorrect keeps trying to change Shyamalan to "why's Alan?"

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 3

I knew it was coming! I was too young when they came out and I havent found a suitable medium to watch them. Easiest is obviously on TV, but neither EVER comes on.

how old are you?