#ED

Weekend Estimate #s FF6: 34.5 NYSM 27.8 AE: 27.3 TH3: 15.9

Seeing as how Johnson has starred in three films over the two months with the third being by far the most successful--on top of the fact that he's not the star of F7--I don't agree with that analysis. If anything, it could be argued there will be demand to see him leading a movie. Not supporting one.

Third was by far the most successful because it was Fast 6. The first will be by far the most successful next summer because it's Fast 7  :P

I think Pain & Gain is a good comp. to Hercules, although Herc should be a little bigger

I remember that being said about The Avengers pre-May 2012. Just sayin'. ;)

Yep. Superheroes vs giant robots, don't see what's not gonna sell there. Add in McFass, JLaw and Jackman as the leads and the ceiling seems much higher

• Like 2

If WORLD'S END makes $30m, that'd be a big success.

Believe Universal is distributing only (Correct me if I'm wrong). Doubt they're even paying attention to it.

Fast 6 is kicking ass and Despicable Me 2 is gonna explode. They're set for the rest of the summer.

• Founder / Operator

Again, that was the PEAK of the franchise. I don't see anyone claiming a Spider-Man movie is going to make $500+ million like the first one. Batman is the only franchise that has been able to actually match or exceed the ticket sales of older movies that were already very successful in the first place. And you could make a pretty compelling argument that the only reason this happened was because of Ledger's death.

Batman and Spider-Man (Raimi's versions) are unfair comparisons, IMO, because then we're talking about ticket sales levels most movies never reach (including X-Men).

If Sony really thought they had something in This is the End, they would move it to August. Placing it the same weekend as Man of Steel (increasingly looking like a monster hit) whiffs of dumping.

I think TITE will be really funny, but only for a limited subset of knowledgeable fans who get all the meta in-jokes.

I don't think it has the broad GA appeal of something like The Heat.

Believe Universal is distributing only (Correct me if I'm wrong). Doubt they're even paying attention to it.

Fast 6 is kicking ass and Despicable Me 2 is gonna explode. They're set for the rest of the summer.

RIPD looking to eliminate all gains that these two films make. Ryan Reynolds, so boss at creating blockbuster flops.

• Like 2

• Founder / Operator

Popular as How to Train Your Dragon is... they might have waited too long, a la Star Trek.

You and I are going to have a fun debate about that when the summer results podcast rolls around in a few months... :P

• Like 1