#ED

Weekend Estimate #s FF6: 34.5 NYSM 27.8 AE: 27.3 TH3: 15.9

It will probably do 350M OS. Still bigger than the last one.

The previous one earned 332 M. This would just be like 18 M ahead. THE HANGOVER ll will still be the biggest earner worldwide among the three. But then again, a 470 M - 490 M finish for this will still be great.

I am really shocked at the numbers for "Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani". i watched it on Friday, and it is a decent movie, nothing great but not bad either. Basically, it was a movie you enjoy as it is playing and forget about it later. 

The complete lack of big releases since February (Race 2) and the lull due to the Indian Premier League over the past 8 weeks probably led to the breakout. 1.65 Million opening weekend in the US and a 60 crore (12 million $) opening weekend in India leading to a 100 Cr + possible finish for a movie not having any of the Khans or Hrithik Roshan is shocking to say the least. Ranbir Kapoor is officially money at the box office now.

Yes, it is possible for Hangover 3 to make 400 internationally.  I'm not saying it is locked but it is possible.

It still has some decent markets to open in as well and it is more than likely going to increase in most non English language markets.  But let's just say it stays stagnant in the remaining markets, it still has this left:

Poland:  7 mill

Mexico:  12 mill

Other remaining markets:  10 mill

That's about another 30 mill.  So it has a chance to do 300, maybe not 400.

Edited by baumer

The previous one earned 332 M. This would just be like 18 M ahead. THE HANGOVER ll will still be the biggest earner worldwide among the three. But then again, a 470 M - 490 M finish for this will still be great.

Remind me of Mummy 3

Edited by samsha22

"Now You See Me 2: Still Dont See Me - Look Harder -- Squint --- No Dont Point, Thats Rude. In IMAX 3D""Getting glasses summer 2015" Contact (lenses) Summit for advance tickets

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 3

No matter what Hangover 3 earns WW, it will be a success.  It dropped hard in NA but WW it is doing very well.

• Like 1

Now You See Me 2: Still Dont See Me - Look Harder -- Squint --- No Dont Point, Thats Rude. In IMAX 3D"Getting glasses summer 2015"Contact (lenses) Summit for advance tickets

:rofl:  :rofl:

• Like 1

No matter what Hangover 3 earns WW, it will be a success.  It dropped hard in NA but WW it is doing very well.

Exactly. This is why studios would rather produce sequels for even less well-received movie. Movies just never drop in overseas markets these days. If you have a $300-$500 million movie then there is a pretty good chance that its sequel will end up making at least as much WW even if the RT score is bad. This is a damn good business model if you know how to manage costs.

Edit - The cast is not on board for the sequel and that is the only reason why there won't be a THO4.

Edited by TLK
  • Like 1

Exactly. This is why studios would rather produce sequels for even less well-received movie. Movies just never drop in overseas markets these days. If you have a $300-$500 million movie then there is a pretty good chance that its sequel will end up making at least as much WW even if the RT score is bad. This is a damn good business model if you know how to manage costs.

And they were smart and kept the budget very reasonable for a sequel.  100 mill is nothing in this day and age of sequels.

• Like 1

And they were smart and kept the budget very reasonable for a sequel.  100 mill is nothing in this day and age of sequels.

It is a comedy. 100M for a comedy is crazy. But Little Fockers also costed 100M so I guess everything is fine.